I want to be XL not XXXL

weasos
weasos Posts: 11 Member
Currently lost 8lbs but still have a long way to go. I'm excited to get ideas from people here and hope for the best :)

Replies

• Edjeep
    Edjeep Posts: 65 Member
    Get started, stick with it. Slow and steady wins the race. I was finding myself comfortable in XXXL size. 20lbs later the XXL's are feeling good. Progress..
  • weasos
    I've been working out after work and it feels so good lol but sometimes after a long 11 hour shift at work my feet are killing me. So I think on my shorter days I need to push harder to make up for the tired days. Idk :0 but I'm on it ;) congrats on your success
  • Sho0gy_D
    Sho0gy_D Posts: 108 Member
    Edjeep wrote: »
    Get started, stick with it. Slow and steady wins the race. I was finding myself comfortable in XXXL size. 20lbs later the XXL's are feeling good. Progress..

I'm currently in the same boat also. At my largest, XXXL was what I usually wore and deep down I hated it. I'm back to XXL now comfortably, but I've bought some XL shirts recently as a goal to aim for.

As for the original poster, you're doing great so far! Just keep at it, focus on your goal. Personally, I try to work through any fatigue I have (I work nights) because I don't want to make any excuses for not doing at least 30 mins of cardio for myself. Even a light walk during work breaks help out also.

• weasos
    That's true I've always heard you should do at least 30 mins of cardio a day. So that's what I'll keep in mind when I feel tired. :)
  • Edjeep
    Edjeep Posts: 65 Member
    Life happens, things come up, adjust and go with it, don't just give it all up because something interrupts your schedule. Yesterday was a run day. I planned to run, but then was reminded of a meeting in the evening I really should go to. SO, I adjusted and rode my bike to the meeting and took a few extra blocks on the way home. End result, I still had an active evening, as compared to before I started making the change.
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    30 minutes a day is a good goal. I try to do it in the morning before work because I know I'm going to be too tired to do it after work. I don't even have to get up that much earlier than I did before, I just don't get to sit & watch the news with a cup of coffee for 1/2 hour every morning. I don't really miss it that much. :)
  • brokenneko09
    brokenneko09 Posts: 2 Member
    I am just starting at trying to lose weight weight. I am currently in a size 3-4xl. I was a 2xl before I have my daughter 19 months ago but I put on 100lbs with her. It is so HARD to do anything anymore! I am useing her as the motivation to keep going!
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 2,454 Member
    Hi. We have the same goal. I would be extremely happy to fit in a XL. I just started this week and have a long journey ahead. I have long days too, so I decided not to push myself too much and do my exercise on off days and Friday nights.

Congrats on your weight loss thus far. You're doing great!
  • weasos
    Thank you everyone. :) It's nice knowing you're all out there for support !