need help to calucate number of calories required to burn to loose 8kgs in 4 months.

Options
Hi all
Im tanu..jst started gym and healthy lifestyle 40days before for weight loss.(put on the 6 kgs after baby birth :( )
Lost 3 kgs so far(earlier was 60.. currently 57..my height is 5 fts)
plz can someone tell me how much calories i need to burn daily to loose 8kgs in 4 months.
im am maintaing my diet calories between 1000-1200..
im doing daily 45 min of moderate aerobics plus 30 min cardio plus 30 min of weight training.
Plz guide me to reach to my goal.

Thanks

Replies

• mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Set your account up to lose 0.5 kg/week. Follow what MFP gives you. It does the math for you.
    Log accurately - weigh all foods on a food scale, measure all liquids, make sure you use correct database entries.
    Eat back approx half you exercise calories if you use MFP to calculate them.

Keep in mind that, generally, the closer you are to your goal, the harder and slower it is to lose weight. 1 kg/month may be a more realistic goal.
  • anyatanu
    anyatanu Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your guidance..

But im actually not understanding it.
    Like for today after logging till this time it says:

(Goal)1380 - ( food )400 + (excersice ) 348 = 1328 cal.
    plz guide me.

Thanks
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Are you eating 400 calories for the day? Are you breastfeeding? If you are eating that low, your body is not going to be able to keep up the milk supply.

Your goal is to eat 1380 calories per day plus exercise calories. Most people will only eat about 50% of their exercise calories because the MFP calculator for calories is off. You may not be able to lose the weight as fast as you would like. Us less tall people have a bigger challenge.

Have you been logging your food here? If your diary is open, you can get more specific and helpful advice.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Hello

Read this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177907/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

All the info you need to get started, how to set up your account and safely lose weight.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so that we can help you. :)
  • anyatanu
    anyatanu Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I open my diary.
    400 calories entry is by mrn time.
    I had veg sandwitch :)
    Im not breastfeeding now.
    My baby is 1 year and 4 months now.