Why am I not losing weight consistently ?

Options
Hello,

My diary is now visible and it would really help me at this point to know what I am doing wrong to not lose weight consistently.

I lost 2 kgs where i hoped to have lost 4 !

Did I miss the memo ?!

Cheers

Replies

• FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. Therefore sometimes you will lose, sometimes it will show a gain, sometimes it won't move at all.
    Keep on tracking your food and moving more and the overall trend will be weight loss.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart_zps3s3xqead.jpg
  • glenelliott5872
    glenelliott5872 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    2 is still great. Estimating your bodies energy usage is dodgy and it changes. If you are losing weight then you are eating at a deficit. If you diary is v accurate then maybe the estimate of what your body needs is lower than mfp estimates
  • Akibo23
    Akibo23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    @Orphia The chart !! Thanks :) Looked it up. Doc confirms everything is on track maybe I just keep at it and see what comes out in another month or so...
  • Akibo23
    Options
    @FatMoojor indeed. But in 5 weeks i should have more than 2 kgs loss I feel :S :sweat:
  • Akibo23
    Options
    @glenelliott5872 there is no way i will be able to go below 1200 a day :sweat:
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    You don't have a lot of weight to lose and if you are already in your healthy weight range, losses will be slower and lower. Don't let impatience be your undoing.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Akibo23 wrote: »
    Hello,

My diary is now visible and it would really help me at this point to know what I am doing wrong to not lose weight consistently.

I lost 2 kgs where i hoped to have lost 4 !

Did I miss the memo ?!

Cheers

Because you're a human being?
  • FatMoojor
    Options
    @FatMoojor indeed. But in 5 weeks i should have more than 2 kgs loss I feel :S :sweat:

2kgs, is 4.4lbs, so not far off of a 1lb a week loss. That is very good. :)
  • glenelliott5872
    glenelliott5872 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Don't go below 1200. Just take things slower. As you lose weight you metabolism drops. Large people need more calories per day than thin people.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    You know weight fluctuates even when doing everything right...don't you?

Because water weight fluctuates based on sodium intake, glycogen stores, change-up in exercise, time of day, time of month

Look this is me, at maintenance, over the last 3 months...I know how to do this, I've been at it over a year, I know my logging is accurate and my understanding of my body and calorie burns is good because I have months of accurate data that I have used (and a couple of fitness toys)

This is how it works ...black dots actual weigh ins...going up, going down ...but it's the trend over time that matters ...we don't have a scale weight ...we have a scale weight range

7xquyn5sx97f.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Don't go below 1200. Just take things slower. As you lose weight you metabolism drops. Large people need more calories per day than thin people.

Not enough to make that much of a difference ...she's talking about 4.4lbs weight loss
  • FatMoojor
    Options
    Rabbit, where are you getting that sort of tracking info from? (sorry for the derail)
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Trendweight.com....it links to a fitbit or withings scale, I don't think you can free enter...I log my weight on MFP which synchs to my fitbit which synchs to trendweight

There are also apps ...like Libra or Happy Scale you can download for free

*datageek*
  • amdsf
    amdsf Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @orphia, dang, that chart!! How great is that chart! They should put that on the front page of MFP. So much good information.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    amdsf wrote: »
    @orphia, dang, that chart!! How great is that chart! They should put that on the front page of MFP. So much good information.

Credit goes to @lemonlionheart who made it. I agree, it's brilliant, and I post it often. Cheers!
  • Akibo23
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »

2kgs, is 4.4lbs, so not far off of a 1lb a week loss. That is very good. :)

I am happy with it but just being more greedy and wanting to see more numbers on the scales ! :)
  • FatMoojor
    Options
    @rabbitjb My mission is to now recreate a graph like that in excel as I don't have a fitbit.
  • Akibo23
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    You know weight fluctuates even when doing everything right...don't you?

Because water weight fluctuates based on sodium intake, glycogen stores, change-up in exercise, time of day, time of month

Look this is me, at maintenance, over the last 3 months...I know how to do this, I've been at it over a year, I know my logging is accurate and my understanding of my body and calorie burns is good because I have months of accurate data that I have used (and a couple of fitness toys)

This is how it works ...black dots actual weigh ins...going up, going down ...but it's the trend over time that matters ...we don't have a scale weight ...we have a scale weight range

7xquyn5sx97f.jpg

I am planning on getting this out of my fitbit too ! Hopefully that can motivate me to stay on track and not fall off the good habits due to numbers not being what i would like them to be :sweat: Just impatience !