365 days straight MFP logging, 90lbs lost :)

Options
Elaicea73
Elaicea73 Posts: 28 Member
I'm writing this one year mfp anniversary post hoping it will help someone else get a jumpstart on their own personal road to better health. And hoping it will give me a little boost, as well. MFP is honestly a lifesaver. Even now, at a point in my journey where I'm struggling, it's helping to keep me maintaining rather than gaining. I'm still far from the goal line, but I've come a long way :D

So... 41yrs old, female, 5'9in
Starting weight: 350lbs(362lbs at my heaviest)
Current weight: 258lbs
Goal weight: 150lbs(I'm 5'9 so 150lbs is the very high end of normal-ish for me and I carry my weight weirdly)

A little info:

~ No special diet, just calorie counting. And not religiously. More "over days" than I'd like to admit :|

~ No special exercise, started with 5 minutes a night on a stationary bike, built stamina, rode longer, bike broke, started doing yardwork(chopping, mowing, weeding, digging, raking, dragging, burning, etc...)

~ I live by the motto, "Don't think, Just Do It" these days. If you start, you will get so much done. Just start. Put on your shoes and just go. I'm the worst procrastinator, I swear. Ask my mother :D But if I just put on my shoes and headset and I walk outside. I'm working for the next 3 hours. Force yourself to take that first step. It's excruciating, I know it, but it works.

~ Speaking of my mother. She joined MFP about 6 months ago and has lost around 50lbs... my dad doesn't use MFP but he's gotten more fit by working out and eating the same things my mother is eating... My brother(50lbs lost) and sister in law(40lbs lost) joined MFP a few months ago, as well... It's a family affair now :D ... We're all kicking butt and taking names!

~ And last, but not least... OMG, drink your water! Look at the difference in my face... I know it's kinda hard to see in photos but it was so blotchy and ruddy and dull... I thought it was caused by age... I never thought water would make such a difference... I was having more breakouts at 40 than I had at 16... It was ridiculous... Water is a miracle above all else. If you do nothing else, at least drink your water!

As for pictures... I don't have any that really show all of me at my top weight.. I didn't take starting pictures because I was not at all confident of having anything better to compare them with. In hindsight, I wish I had... but, oh well.

I still have 110lbs or so I'd like to lose but I'm really proud of my accomplishments so far. Now I need a kick in the butt to get out of neutral and get moving again :s

r02omtgsvmic.png
qjel29zz2oaj.png
nlrxc4z81ats.jpg

Replies

• GretchenAlvarado
    GretchenAlvarado Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    U are an inspiration!!
  • greenbarley
    greenbarley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • GWehsling
    GWehsling Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, that's a great transformation!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    For you:

yay_zpsdc45ff7b.png

Fantastic job!

Elaicea73 wrote: »
    ~ Speaking of my mother. She joined MFP about 6 months ago and has lost around 50lbs... my dad doesn't use MFP but he's gotten more fit by working out and eating the same things my mother is eating... My brother(50lbs lost) and sister in law(40lbs lost) joined MFP a few months ago, as well... It's a family affair now :D ... We're all kicking butt and taking names!

:) Wow, that's so cool! Seriously, wow! I've been raving about MFP for the past 2 months, and my loved ones are now trying to be healthier, but nobody's using the app or lost anything noticeable yet. You guys rock!
  • satisatisati
    satisatisati Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    great accomplishment!
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    well done!!!!
  • caranais
    caranais Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Well done. Congratulations!!! - what an amazing achievement. You should be so proud of yourself. I have taken great inspiration from you and your wise words. I am probably the world's biggest procrastinator. I get so annoyed with myself because I waste so much time thinking about doing stuff instead of just doing it. I was sitting here thinking about clearing my kitchen and attic rooms out. We are having work done, and the kitchen is a mess. I've done half, but the other half needs doing and I feel overwhelmed. Now I'm thinking if I had done just a few hours a day for the past few days it would be done by now and I would feel so much better. So, I'm signing off here for a few hours now and will come back later when I've done some work. I wouldn't mind, but I booked a week off work to do all this and have done next to nothing. Thanks again for giving me the kick up the backside I needed to make me move, and good luck with the rest of your journey. xxx
  • tasleem2015
    tasleem2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great accomplishment. Well done and good luck with the rest of your journey x
  • 13muthonikimani
    13muthonikimani Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful!
  • AdelaDi
    AdelaDi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations! Amazing work :smiley:
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss so far!!

Great work!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Its awesome that your whole family got involved!
  • MonicaThompson3
    MonicaThompson3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday and today's my 60th birthday. I'm hitting the scale at 232 and don't remember ever seeing 150 as an adult so that's my long range weight loss goal, but my health is my main goal. I've had a really sick year and don't want to repeat it! When I read your blog and how you have also inspired your family I thought to myself that I'd like that to be me. Keep on keeping on and know that there are many who are following your lead ~ those that know you personally and those that don't. BTW you are beautiful! :)
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You look fantastic and 20 years younger!
  • deneshia425
    deneshia425 Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    <3 love love you story! Congratulations continue to stay strong and in another 365 you will hit goal! And you look so much younger now, keep up the work :wink:
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Keep up the awesome work> you have accomplished a lot
  • arose928
    arose928 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful way to go
  • gemdiver
    gemdiver Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great story, thank you for sharing and good luck on the rest!
  • shakeirawhitney
    shakeirawhitney Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congratulations honey! You are looking great
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This is great !! So proud for you and your family !!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!