ladies- Q- menstruation time???

2»

Replies

• Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    I eat semi-sweet chocolate chips. 14g= 70 cal. It's probably around 30, and I suck on them individually (well, two at a time) to make them last.

When it's TOM some days I forego anything healthy just so I can eat unhealthy cravings and stay within my calorie goal. My macros around that time are AWFUL, but I'm down close to 50 pounds in roughly 4 months - so I'm okay with it :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    MissAmyx wrote: »
    I buy those like 'share pack' 'family pack' bags of chocolates you know the sort i mean? like the mini versions of chocolate bars, instead of eating a full sized chocolate bar for about 300cals to get my chocolate fix i can just eat one of those little chocolate bars for 50cals it helps curb my chocolate cravings and helps me stay under my daily calories :)

I wish this worked for me. I end up eating 2 or 3 of those mini bars. And would have been better off just buying ONE full bar :anguished:

• jumblejups
    jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
    OMG - I thought I was the only one! I also get these cravings during ovulation, and not during menstruation! During menstruation, I actually feel like eating LESS. It's so strange.

:o I'm not alone! I also get funny during TOM with food, I get picky and don't feel like having much and usually just drink lots of tea!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I never get the chocolate cravings. I get cravings for bread, pizza, pasta, and other salty carb things. And I'm also typically starving. It's not uncommon for me to eat 3000 calories or more (like yesterday), but it doesn't help that meat and veggies typically don't appeal to me at all at that time (and don't fill me up either anyway).

But for me it's only at ovulation (yesterday) and the week before my period (next week. So not looking forward to that). Then it goes away.

Haven't found any way of getting rid of it, unfortunately. But if you really crave chocolate, have a square of dark chocolate, or some magnesium supplements. That might help.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    I usually just white-knuckle my way through it, knowing that it will pass.