Struggling to lose weight as Im not over weight? any help?

Options
2»

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    1. Somatypes (mesomorph, etc.) are completely bunk.
    2. "I want to slim down some muscle" Then you need to lift less. Muscle goes away when you don't use it.

Can you maybe post a picture or measurements or something? I'm not really sure what you want.
    Also..
    3. "I am eating a calorie deficit eating 1200 calories a day sometimes I have bad days" So how many calories do you average out to? If I'm eating 1,500 cals and have a bad day once a week where I eat 2,500 calories, then i'm actually eating an average of 1,642 calories a day. Also- are you using a food scale?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    If you're not overweight, you don't need to lose weight. You need to build muscle. Start lifting.

not really...

Not really which one? That someone who isn't overweight should be focusing on building muscle, not losing weight? Or, that to build muscle, one should start a lifting program?

not really to 'you need to build muscle'

OP wants to 'tone up' which is losing body fat, not gaining muscle.

This^^

OP is of healthy weight, so what they want to do is eat around their TDEE and lift heavy so that can lower their BF%. Doing this removes some of the fat covering muscle that is already there giving the individual more "tone". It is a slow process though.

OP, the whole mesomorph body type deal was debunked years ago. I find it doubtful you pack on muscle quickly. Most men can put on muscle quickly and it's exponentially harder to build for women.

Editing for apostrophe T failure. That should be can't.
  • keera123
    keera123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bad days where i can eat say 2000 calories usually this is a weekend, when im not working.