The impact of music on running speed

Options
Hi guys!

Last night, I spent a part of the evening searching online for new music for running because my old playlist was a little redundant. Still good music, but it didn't give me that pump I had a few months ago when I established it.

So after getting 30+ new songs, I put on my shoes, prepare my GPS watch, go out the door, start my music. Damn, feels good. I start running.

After 10 km, I check my watch. 47:50. That's my PR! I did run at a solid 167 bpm average, which is lower than my previous PR that I set almost a year ago. In that year, I completely stopped running for four months, then resumed in March and I'm happy to say I'm back at my previous level! I have a few months of training left before my objective: Montreal's 10 km, along with 6,000+ other runners. My current PR would've placed me 144th in 2014 ^_^

So, if you want to break a running plateau (I had been stuck there for 4 weeks), try switching music. It might do the trick!

giphy.gif

Replies

• rockinrodders123
    rockinrodders123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the PR. I find that good tunes really get me going faster on runs too. Towards the end of a run when I'm tiring I find the right song can give me a great boost.