Easy, vegetarian, gluten free lunches?

Options
I am freaking out. I just found out I may have Celiac disease. I am trying not to eat gluten for a while to see if it gets rid of my symptoms. That is really hard being a vegetarian with little to no cooking experience. Also I am only eating 1200 calories a day. I can't even eat veggie burgers anymore :sad: I could eat salad...but it just doesnt fill me up. Does anyone have any super easy lunches and or dinners for a gluten free vegetarian...also under 350 calories would help???

Replies

• AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I'm gluten free and not strictly veg, but not a meat lover and eat it rarely. Lunch was the most difficult meal for me, because I was stuck on the concept of sandwich + side. What I wound up doing is making a list of gluten free foods, and made myself a bento box style lunch, where it's a little of this and a little of that. My lunches now are easy to put together and relatively inexpensive, too! Here are some of the things I eat: hardboiled egg, cold quinoa salad (lots of yummy recipes on pintrest--pm me if you want my gluten free recipe board), cheese slices, carrots with hummus, apple with or without nutbutter, potato salad, sliced tomato, ect.