Dieting while on vacation

Options
We're taking a trip to Disney next week and I do NOT want to blow my diet and lose my motivation. Does anyone have any advice on eating healthy at Disney? I doubt if they have nutritional information w/ their meals......I'll be doing a lot of walking but I don't want to ruin that exercise by eating too many calories.....I'm not going to have access to this site next week either, double whammy =[

Replies

• losingnow
    losingnow Posts: 82
    Options
    Well, I am not much help but have the same question. We are going on vacation soon too and all our meals will either be on the train or eating out. I have come so far i don't want to backslide. Luckily if I can find internet access I can log on to the site.
  • lovebrittnie
    Options
    my suggestion is get a calorie counter book... i have the calorie king... i find it pretty helpful, and it small so easy to carry... but definitely i suggest a calorie book... it probably won't tell you the meals for those pariticular restaurants but if you break down your meal (baked chicken, rice, gravy etc.) you can look up individual items find the calorie count and add them up. a little more work, bu i find the book helpful
  • mbk1970
    mbk1970 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Whew! I know how hard that can be and I have the same issue in July, not Disney but vacation. The only things I can think of would be to buy a calorie counter book and take it with you Everywhere!! It will remind you to count the calorie you eat if nothing else. Do you have one of those step counter things? That might be a good idea then you could write down your steps/exercise for each day. I don't know maybe journal (I suck at it and never do it) but maybe that will be another reminder.
    How's your support at home and your family? Will they help you while in the "Happiest Place on Earth"?
    That is all I can think of right now I will keep thinking.
    One week-One day at a time!
    MB
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I don't have a calorie book but I will get one. that's an excellent idea and I have a pedometer on my iPod that tells me how far I've walked and how many calories I've burned so that will be helpful too. thank you for the suggestions.