in a wheel or power chair?

rivy1226
rivy1226 Posts: 9 Member
Anyone else struggling because they can't walk so well? lets work together! I would love that!
I am just trying to go from a power chair to a manual wheelchair. Would like some advice! I really would love to have a friend that I also can joke around with. Serious people need not apply!

Replies

• Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Hi, I am disabled and use a wheelchair when out and about. I have been a member of MFP since November and finding it hard sometimes! I am losing weight slowly. It's hard when you can't get about much!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    the good news is that you are losing weight
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi @rivy1226, I'm a powerchair user too! I don't have the upper body strength to use a manual chair (my injuries are at T2 and T5/6), but I'm using resistance bands to try and improve. Plus I think my dog would disown me if she didn't get her run at 4 mph ;-)
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    I'm not in a wheelchair, but you might want to check out the Success Stories section of the forum. Not more than a few days ago a man in a wheel chair posted his success story. It was really inspirational.
  • rawfruitvegH20
    rawfruitvegH20 Posts: 24 Member
    Hi just went from trek poles to 4 wheel walker to wheelchair Diabetes leg neurophysiology i can still walk but my legs give out on way home from park so i walk roll in manual wheelchair only had it two days still learning how not to crash into everything around me...wobble to left wobble to right ...the cement ramps built into sidewalk are fun kinda like a b ride at park whoo hooo...i have good days and bad days ..used to everything in between.