Thoughts on a L.A. Fitness membership?

Options
Opinions, stories, and other suggestions are NEEDED!

Replies

• ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm satisfied with mine since I actually utilize the option to use different locations. Depending on what time of the day, and what you're looking for, it can seem like a social club at times. They do have a large variety of equipment, some with basketball, racquetball courts, and pools.

Now they will try to push you into doing a fitness assessment, and act like it's a must do, but I just told them I would do it later and never did it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I used to train there and I used to work there.

it's a gym. If it suits your needs then it'll be fine.

I lifted quiet heavy- made grunting noises and generally had no problems with the staff- before or after I was a trainer.

Good selection of weights- usually 2 squat racks and a power cage and a reasonable number of free weights. The sales staff for training are pushy- but the trainers are usually fine- (I say usually but that's so variable it just depends on who you run into) Staff turn over rate is high- like REALLY high. And if you are high maintenance and fussy you won't like it- but if all you need is a place to change and some iron- you'll be fine.
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I like it, it has weights, it is clean, mine has a cage, and machines don't stay broken long. I have been a member at smaller mom and pop run places and to be honest, it is nice to know that I won't show up to the gym one day and the doors are locked and the place has shutdown. I have had that happen on more than one occasion.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Decent for a commercial gym. Sometimes they got a little to uptight about chalk, but other than that I had a good experience overall.
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    They're okay. They don't have wifi though.