1000 consecutive days of MFP!

Options
2»

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you. This is a real success story for sure.
  • KiairaKay
    KiairaKay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What a great post! You're such an inspiration! Keep up the great work
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Amazing and motivating! Almost to 1000 days.
  • Jacqui_Runs
    Jacqui_Runs Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This was so inspiring to read. Sometimes people forget when they are dieting that we can make mistakes, and that's okay, we have to move on. Great job and I wish you amazing success.
  • alohakaybee
    alohakaybee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Absolutely inspiring. I love how "real" your post is. It's real life. Thanks for the honesty.
  • ternacious
    ternacious Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    wow, congrats! your story is incredibly motivational. thank you for sharing!
  • autbrat
    autbrat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I hope I can get to 1000, I am only on day 3, a long way to go. But your story gives me hope and motivation!
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You rock! Post before and after pics won't you? What an inspiration you are!!!
  • msfoxy_25
    msfoxy_25 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Your amazing.
  • Doublemeasure
    Doublemeasure Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Brilliant. I know how you feel with binging now and again, it has to be done and then get over it. Tomorrow is a new day. :-)
  • Hjones2889
    Hjones2889 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    great inspiration! your amazing!
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Great determination. Congratulations on your maintenance. Any injuries from so much running? Don't mean to be a downer, but I can't run any more on account of major foot surgery to deal with running injuries. Don't let that happen to you.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Robertus wrote: »
    Great determination. Congratulations on your maintenance. Any injuries from so much running? Don't mean to be a downer, but I can't run any more on account of major foot surgery to deal with running injuries. Don't let that happen to you.

Sorry to hear about your injuries.

So far to date (knock on wood) I've been fairly injury free aside from some missing toenails; in fact I can say running has made my lower body much stronger. I used to have very weak ankles and knees and in the early stages they were always very sore after going for a run and with my knees, sometimes they would hurt from just walking and twisting them the wrong way. Now I have no issues at all with them at all. In fact I tripped and rolled my ankle 12km into a 50km trail race last month and after walking it off for a few minutes I was fine to keep running again. In the past rolling my ankle meant not being able to walk on it for several days.

I strongly believe in listening to your body if something starts to hurt; I don't believe in "pushing through the pain", if something hurts, STOP. I'm guessing that's what's gotten me so far while remaining injury free. Who knows?
  • Laurenjenai
    Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats!!! That's a true accomplishment. I don't think I would have been as successful if it wasn't for tracking on MFP, now I just need to try and stay as consistent as you have.
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You rock!!!
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    aarar wrote: »

So far to date (knock on wood) I've been fairly injury free aside from some missing toenails; in fact I can say running has made my lower body much stronger. I used to have very weak ankles and knees and in the early stages they were always very sore after going for a run and with my knees, sometimes they would hurt from just walking and twisting them the wrong way. Now I have no issues at all with them at all. In fact I tripped and rolled my ankle 12km into a 50km trail race last month and after walking it off for a few minutes I was fine to keep running again. In the past rolling my ankle meant not being able to walk on it for several days.

I strongly believe in listening to your body if something starts to hurt; I don't believe in "pushing through the pain", if something hurts, STOP. I'm guessing that's what's gotten me so far while remaining injury free. Who knows?
    Yes, it is very important to listen to one's body, especially in terms of fatigue and potential injuries. I have at long last learned this important lesson. Are you aware of some research results that indicate a diminishing and possibly even negative effect on longevity as one increases frequent running distances at a fast pace? I've only recently started looking into this myself. Do you track resting heart rate or other things as an indicator of over training?
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    aarar wrote: »

Yes, it is very important to listen to one's body, especially in terms of fatigue and potential injuries. I have at long last learned this important lesson. Are you aware of some research results that indicate a diminishing and possibly even negative effect on longevity as one increases frequent running distances at a fast pace? I've only recently started looking into this myself. Do you track resting heart rate or other things as an indicator of over training?

I'm not too concerned; I'm constantly coming across new research on either the positive or negative effects that distance running has on the body and it always seems to contradict what the previous study claims.

In the end, I'm doing something that I enjoy and it's giving me a better quality of life. I'm also fairly confident that the health risks I was subjecting my body to before when I carried an extra 100lbs, far outweighs the risks of distance running.
  • dmnice145
    dmnice145 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys! Super Excited to be apart of a cool fitness community! Check out my 30 Day weight Loss Challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKnyRgv3VQs
    Subscribed! Please subscribe to mine: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkz7Zl7jt3MFEwghxRi3Xyw/videos
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing job!!
  • khill5555
    khill5555 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you. Its posts like this that keep me motivated and inspired not to give up. You paint a 'real' picture of the struggles we all face every day. Thank you for sharing!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!