Is it really better?

Is going premium really better then staying with the free version of MFP? I'm intrigued by the premium, but I want to know if it's really worth the money. Does it help you lose weight faster? Input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Replies

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    IMO. This site works and it's free. Why pay money???
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Depends if you value the extra features.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Is going premium really better then staying with the free version of MFP? I'm intrigued by the premium, but I want to know if it's really worth the money. Does it help you lose weight faster? Input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

No, paying fifty dollars isn't going to speed up your weight loss any, regardless of the features that are offered in the premium version. :) Weight loss is all about calories, and the free version counts those in exactly the same way that the premium one does.

Just have a look at the list of features that come with the premium and decide if they're important to you in reaching your goals, and make your decision based on that. If you're new here, the premium version probably won't offer you anything significant--being able to mess with your macros by gram, for example, isn't usually something newbies need to be worrying about. Learning to log accurately, regardless of which version you're using, is the biggest influence on how much weight you will lose in any given timeframe.

All the best. :)
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    IMO. This site works and it's free. Why pay money???

Agreed.
  • Karenka2012
    Karenka2012 Posts: 19 Member
    I am thinking of paying it. I'll let you know if the greater control offered by it is really worth it.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I am thinking of paying it. I'll let you know if the greater control offered by it is really worth it.

I could be for you but still not for the OP.

Value and cost are two completely different entities.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    I wouldn't pay for it. But, you can try it for just a month, and see...