On the right track, but bad news today

Options
I've been using MFP religiously for 3 weeks and have lost 9 lbs so far. I'm happy with the app. Went to the doc for a checkup and he was happy with my lifestyle changes. My blood pressure is now in the normal range and my cholesterol is actually low.

Well, today he got blood test results and I have Type 2 diabetes. He seemed pretty confident that if I keep doing what I'm doing, I'll be able to reverse it over time.

I'm particularly looking for friends with type 2, but anyone feel free to add me.

Replies

• anxioushero
    anxioushero Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    WU TANG!

*ahem* Sorry to hear about the diabetes but you WILL get rid of it if you keep on the right track! I don't personally have it, I'm sure someone on here will. Here's your extra motivation I guess, in fixing your health problem. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    My mom's been Diabetic for umpteen years, so I know the struggle. Feel free to shoot me a FR.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP religiously for 3 weeks and have lost 9 lbs so far. I'm happy with the app. Went to the doc for a checkup and he was happy with my lifestyle changes. My blood pressure is now in the normal range and my cholesterol is actually low.

Well, today he got blood test results and I have Type 2 diabetes. He seemed pretty confident that if I keep doing what I'm doing, I'll be able to reverse it over time.

I'm particularly looking for friends with type 2, but anyone feel free to add me.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1772-type-2-diabetes-support-group ;)