Needing to Be Full

Options
This is day two, and I am finding this diet to be very difficult. Although I had over 2,400 calories, I know my normal intake is way above that. I have to admit that hunger is not the issue: The real problem is that I like to be full. Before I even get close to hunger, I am eating. This is going to be tough to change.

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    You can still eat loads of food for fewer calories if you chose lower fat options and add lots of vegetables to your meals
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    You'll get the hang of it eventually, its gonna take some trial and error :)
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Seek foods that help you feel more full and work with your calorie limits. You also need to give it some time, at least a week or two, to adjust to eating differently than you were before.

It sounds like hunger is not driving you but something different. You might need to work with a counselor specializing in eating disorders.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're getting plenty of protein and fats for satiety.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    TimFit2013 wrote: »
    This is day two, and I am finding this diet to be very difficult. Although I had over 2,400 calories, I know my normal intake is way above that. I have to admit that hunger is not the issue: The real problem is that I like to be full. Before I even get close to hunger, I am eating. This is going to be tough to change.

Sometimes you just have to be hungry. Exercise usually helps with that.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I hear you. It took me a bit to realize that "eating til I'm stuffed" was different than "eating til I'm NOT hungry".
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Eat 5 x a day. It really works for me. I feel I am always eating! But every 3 hours. I only feel "full full" if its lots of protein fat and veggies but I rarely get to that feeling anymore. Your body will adjust and the hunger will go. I never feel hungry and if I do its bc I skipped a meal.