Instead of thinking "why bother"...I now have hope

Options
It took about 3 months for me to get the courage to get on the scale. I knew it would be bad. My clothes were ill fitting, even the largest ones. When I did and saw that I had about 70 lbs to lose....I thought the number was so insurmountable that why bother. Then I started walking. And I told myself...if you can just go under 200, if you can just change course from gaining to losing, then you can set a mini goal. And just try to get to that. Don't try for 70. They for 20. Well, I am .3 lbs away from my midway goal of 171.5 and I have hope now. I can do this. And so can you.

Replies

• McFly2u
    McFly2u Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your inspiration! Little goals are the best way to stay motivated. I'm really bummed by the scale after a week of doing things right, so hearing your story gives me hope. :smiley:
  • hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That is so great..

I also started walking and it helped me go from 197 to 140 a few years ago. I'm back in the 160 range, so I'm back to logging and walking :)

Thanks for posting! If I can do it at age 60 anyone can.

• hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    McFly - hang in there! Just keep going and you will see results!

You could try just adding a 15 minute walk every day. Sometimes the simplest things make a difference.
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I too started with 70+ pounds to loose. I've lost 12 and have 60 to go. It's been over 8 years since I've seen 171.5 lbs but I am looking forward to getting there. Keep it up with the hard work. I know we can both get there.
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Just made my goal. Set up a new goal for 162.5. That will officially be 20% of my body weight gone, if I can do it!