Please estimate my BF% and should I continue bulking or start cutting?

Options
2»

Replies

• Brynich
    Brynich Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Brynich wrote: »
    At 6ft tall you should NOT be trying to get to 140lbs

As per the advice of you and others in this thread, I'll just throw the concept of BMI out the window, but what weight do you think would be appropriate then? BTW, part of the reason why I wanted to get so low is because when I was at 155 I still felt like I had significant fat on me (especially in the legs and lower abdomen). So I wanted to cut down to a lower weight so that I could lose as much fat as possible so I could:

1) Know what is really loose skin and what was just fat dragging skin down.

2) Give any loose skin a chance to tighten.

Honestly I think you look pretty good as you are. A few months at maintenance would give the skin chance to tighten up, and you can do some recomp at the same time?

Thanks! I never really considered recomp before but I'll definitely take a look into it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    OP - you did not get the answer you wanted in this thread?
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/30954122#Comment_30954122

i thought your pictures looked familiar...

i went back and checked the date at the top because they look exactly like some old ones.

OP, what have you been trying to do since January? Bulk, cut, maintain?
  • Brynich
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/30954122#Comment_30954122

i went back and checked the date at the top because they look exactly like some old ones.

Admittedly, I didn't take a full set of pictures the 1st time (and I still haven't this time as I didn't take pics of my arms and legs for some reason) so you can't really see much improvement in what was shown originally (i.e. essentially just the abs and obliques) however my chest and back have grown quite a bit. I had a literally completely flat chest before.
  • Brynich
    edited June 2015
    Options

OP, what have you been trying to do since January? Bulk, cut, maintain?

I've been trying to do a clean bulk.
  • Brynich
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I found an old front facing picture from January and this is what I looked like. I think I gained a bit of size on my chest and lats as I had no sort of V-shape before, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

uup1zm8oob8m.jpg