Blow out

Options
OK first time in ages I've had a true blow out been good all day now just caved and had a Chinese and chips weighed it and came to over 1000 cals next malteasers lol dam what I want to know is can I pull this back I get weighed every sat so I have a week
has anyone had a blow out and still manage to lose?

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Just do the math. If you go 1000 over then you have to decide in that week whether you will get 1000 back? Its called CICO. Keep it simple. Yes if you wnat you cna burn that in a day down the gym or out and about if tou put a reasonable amount of effort in. I wouldbt be surprised if it was considerably over 1000, but you gave no indication of size or what it was.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yes. Every TOM. Really bad binging but still losing weight.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It was half a chicken chow mein with a massive portion of chips it was 234g chow mein and 364g chip's over 1000 but I rarely do it my plan is to do body combat and zumba tomoz to make up for it
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much that 1000 calories put you over your goal. In all likelihood, you were still under maintenance and your splurge won't really have an impact.

In the long run, one meal doesn't matter.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    Options
    ? So you ate 1000Cal over goal? Wiping what a day or two of deficits? The agony is because?

Log it. Tomorrow is another day. Don't do it two days in a row.

How exactly is 1000 Cal going to matter a year from now?

Most people's TDEE means they eat more than 800,000 Cal a year...

Now if you ate 4000Cal over once a week, week in and week out, different story.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Math. Data. Like posters above said. You figure out how much of your deficit you've wiped out. I'm sure in the past I've been on a 500 calorie deficit, and went over on a day that caused me to lose .5 lbs instead of 1 pound that week. I would just roll with it.

• ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have... By cutting my normal calories and super intense exercise.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    Would not eating any of my exercise calories back sort it?
  • arditarose
    Options
    Would not eating any of my exercise calories back sort it?

You have to do the math. We can't tell you that. It could help though, yes.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    You can balance it out over the week. I do suggest drinking more water/liquids since Chinese food is usually a sodium bomb. Worst for me is seeing a 2# gain due to sodium retention. :tongue:
  • arditarose
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    You can balance it out over the week. I do suggest drinking more water/liquids since Chinese food is usually a sodium bomb. Worst for me is seeing a 2# gain due to sodium retention. :tongue:

Every Monday for me! Sometimes 4 lbs.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    I won't be weighing till next sat hopefully I'll get rid of any sodium retention by then and not eat back tomorrow's exercise calories
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You probably lost two pounds. Stop sweating it.
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    All the time. It usually prompts a loss for me....
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Yes. Every TOM. Really bad binging but still losing weight.

^

Not "really bad" binging for me compared to what I've seen on here, but I definitely eat over maintenance for a couple of days. Still experience a drop on the last day of my period.

How long do you hang onto water weight? I had Chinese and the scale was up for a few days because it was high in sodium.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    I don't weigh myself everyday the fluctuations would send me loopy so I have until this Saturday to pull it back I ended up eating half a chicken chow mein a portion of chips then a treat size bag of malteasers 440 cals they were lol oops