Fitbit Charge HR sizing help

Options
I am buying the new Fitbit Charge HR and have a sizing question. I feel like I'm borderline between the small and large - and their handy printout puts me exactly on the line. I KNOW the website says to size up, but I am the FATTEST I have ever been, with very recent weight gain. I had a baby a few months ago and have fat lower arms - I've never had fat there before!!

Surely I can deal with the small being a bit tight until that first maybe 5-10 lbs comes off, right?

I'm more worried that I'll get the large and not only will it look huge in size, it will actually be too big after a couple months. I'm used to wearing almost all watches on the smallest couple notches - I am not big boned (anti-Cartman).

How do yours fit?

Replies

• meganevelyn22
    meganevelyn22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would go with the large. I am 4'11 with fairly small wrists and I have to wear the small on the second to list notch. At least with the large you will have the option of increasing or decreasing the band size, where you may be a little restricted with the small.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    ^This. I'm 5'2", 118 lbs., and extremely small-boned, and I wear my small Fitbit Charge HR on the 3rd or 4th to last hole.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Yep same here, the sizing chart made it look like a small would be plenty big enough but when I got it it barely fit on the last notch, and I have fairly thin wrists.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" and 120, around a 6" wrist, and I wear mine on the 5th hole. Measure your wrist and see what size it recommends and go with that. There are quite a few holes for adjustments.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I would say measure your wrist and compare to the size chart.
    My wrists are just under 6". So in my case, I'd go with the small.

I actually have the Surge (sizing chart is a tad bit different, not much, but a little) in a Small size. I tend to wear it on the middle notch. I have tiny wrists.

edit: While the size of my wrists has changed with weight loss, it wasn't much. I think like 6.3" to somewhere in the 5.5-5.75" range and that's with losing over 100 lbs.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I would have sworn I would take a small in the Fitbit Charge HR, but when I measured it out I needed a large. Very glad I got the large...it fits beautifully and isn't annoyingly snug.

Having lost 50 pounds, I can't say I saw any difference in the size of my wrists.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    OP did measure—she's just asking for opinions about whether to take Fitbit's advice to size up.

And the sizes for each band can be vastly different. My small Charge HR is way smaller than my small Flex.
  • ernestmartin3
    ernestmartin3 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 7in and bought the large and there is a lot of adjustment room both ways