Yesterday's NSV

Options
beattie1
beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
I've been watching my diet and exercising more for 16 months & my family haven't commented. I was disappointed at Christmas (last time we saw all the kids) as no-one said anything about the 58 lbs or so that I'd lost by then.

One of our daughters was visiting yesterday & suddenly said "Mum, you look kind of narrow". Yay, at last she's noticed!! :happy: She was pretty surprised when I told her I've lost almost 5 stone.

Replies

• PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I love it when some one notices, because I'm not a bragger so I don't just tell everyone "hey I lost 53 lbs. congratulate me!"
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Wow, you deserved that!! Somehow I don't think our children 'look' at us, like they do other people! We're just 'mom'.

Congratulations on all your hard work!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Aww if you were my mom I promise I woulda noticed at 20 :)

Good job!
  • anniegail1961
    Options
    Hi There: Congratulations on losing 69 lbs. Wow! You must feel so wonderful!
    Sorry your family hasn't noticed-Sounds like it's time for a new wardrobe.
    Summer is almost here-why not go and invest in your new physique?
    You are worth it! Bring back the Wow! factor! Woohoo!
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Finally!!! I guess our parents are such constants our lives that we just see them without really looking, and at Christmas there is so much going on that it doesn't help matters. I don't know how much my mum weighs, she's just always mum (I'd say pretty much the same about my sisters too). The good thing is that she probably hadn't noticed any change when you'd got larger either.

Perhaps it was the new clothes that did it? Anyway, congratulations on being so narrow.:flowerforyou:
  • beattie1
    Options
    Thank you all!
    I'm absolutely sure that they didn't notice when I got even bigger than before - I've always been a fat Mum!
  • cammy_x
    cammy_x Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm with the go out shopping, buy a few new outfits, even get a new hair cut, high lights etc!

Congrats on the weight loss! Enjoy the new you <3
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I've always been a fat Mum!

Cuddly :wink:
  • beattie1
    Options
    I've always been a fat Mum!

Cuddly :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Thank you!! :smile:
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I tripped running up the stairs last night as my trousers had slipped down too low on my hips and got I caught my foot in them. Never thought I'd be so happy to have a carpet-burn on my arm lol
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've found that too. I think it's due to me always being overweight and it's not the first time I've managed to lose weight, so I guess people have noticed but might not want to say anything.

Well done on your loss. I bet you feel great! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!