Weight Training making me hungry

Weight Training making me crazy hungry. I am messing up calorie intake, need food advice... Tx

Replies

• mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    I up my protein on those days. Because I go carb crazy the day after. Xx
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    What are your stats and calorie goal?
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    I'm always more hungry the day after a weightlifting day and not the day that I am lifting. Don't know why, though. Try upping your protein on lift days and see if that helps.
  • faithstimenow
    faithstimenow Posts: 99 Member
    1200 calories...
  • arditarose
    1200 calories...

No wonder. How tall are you and what is your weight?

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    1200 calories...

Unless you are a small person, you need more than 1200 calories on lift days.
  • faithstimenow
    5''6" 240
  • faithstimenow
    Trying to lose weight too
  • arditarose
    5''6" 240

Eat more.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    5''6" 240

You can definitely eat more and still lose weight.
  • faithstimenow
    Thank you!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Just train until you pass out from exhaustion, then you won't eat anything. >:)
  • faithstimenow
    Lol....
  • faithstimenow
    So, on lift days I can increase calories, but days off 1200?
  • arditarose
    So, on lift days I can increase calories, but days off 1200?

With your stats you should just eat more in general. Is that what MFP gave you to lose 2 pounds per week? Honestly you'd probably still lose 2 lbs per week at 1500-1600 calories (I'm just guessing at your TDEE though, take that comment with a grain of salt).

• faithstimenow
    Lol, I don't even know what TDEE stands for. :) Yes, MFP gave me that amount to lose 2 lb per wk.
  • faithstimenow
    This was my first week working out, and Friday was awesome!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Lol, I don't even know what TDEE stands for. :) Yes, MFP gave me that amount to lose 2 lb per wk.

Total Daily Energy Expenditure. It represents how many calories your body needs between normal every day functions and any energy used for activity just to stay at the same body weight.
    Weight loss is usually figured by estimating your average day's TDEE and then subtracting the planned deficit from it. The deficit is based on taking the pounds you want to lose per week times 3500 calories / pound and divided by 7 days in a week. So if you wanted to lose 1 pound / week, you'd subtract 500 calories from your TDEE to figure out how many calories to eat.
  • faithstimenow
    edited June 2015
    TDEE calculator gave me 1802 cal...wow...total expenditure 2793
  • arditarose
    TDEE calculator gave me 1802 cal...wow

Is that with -20%?
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    5''6" 240

oh! i'm like 5 foot and i can lose on even 1300 or 1400-1500 if im doing cardio. def bet you can eat way more & still lose weight while you lift!
  • faithstimenow
    arditarose wrote: »
    TDEE calculator gave me 1802 cal...wow

Is that with -20%?

I have no idea, a generic formula I found online... Newbie at all this. :).
  • faithstimenow
    edited June 2015
    senecarr wrote: »

Total Daily Energy Expenditure. It represents how many calories your body needs between normal every day functions and any energy used for activity just to stay at the same body weight.
    Weight loss is usually figured by estimating your average day's TDEE and then subtracting the planned deficit from it. The deficit is based on taking the pounds you want to lose per week times 3500 calories / pound and divided by 7 days in a week. So if you wanted to lose 1 pound / week, you'd subtract 500 calories from your TDEE to figure out how many calories to eat.

Thanks!
  • faithstimenow
    5''6" 240

oh! i'm like 5 foot and i can lose on even 1300 or 1400-1500 if im doing cardio. def bet you can eat way more & still lose weight while you lift!

That's cool
  • beatua1
    beatua1 Posts: 98 Member
    You may find this site helpful to determine eating levels http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/
  • faithstimenow
    beatua1 wrote: »
    You may find this site helpful to determine eating levels http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

Thanks