Needing tips

Options
Hello. I have seem to hit a brick wall. I am eating better and doing cardio. Any advice on cardio and motivation? Please post and feel free to add me. I need all the motivation I can get.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do some strength training
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Keep switching up the exercise. I currently alternate between walking, running, yoga, and aquajogging depending on my mood. My body doesn't know what's going to hit it on any given day.

Crossfit, if that's interesting to you, would be a good way to mix it up regularly.

Bodies will respond to what you make them do if you give them consistent exercise over time. It's why if I was training for a race, I'd drop the walking and aquajogging and stick with the running so it gets easier and uses less energy to power me through the distance.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Find something that you genuinely enjoy doing and stick with it. Or, learn to find a variety of exercises that you enjoy and rotate through them. I would also suggest that you strength train as maintaining muscle mass during your weight loss is an important part of looking good once you're finished with your initial weight loss.

I genuinely enjoy running and lifting weights so it's easy for me to stick with them. Some people hate running but they love swimming, or sprinting, or biking, or group classes like CrossFit. The important thing is to keep doing it.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I find cardio boring. (I hope I'm not demotivating!)

I like to walk and incorporate into my day as much as possible - I walk to work, I walk at lunch, I walk after dinner.

I stopped driving to the grocery store and now ride my bike.

I do tai chi because I find it relaxing.

I am starting to swim 'cause it's summer and I like it.

Lots more activity. Lots of small spurts. Not as boring. I also love to dance and garden and that counts as exercise too.