Need food ideas/staple foods for weight loss journey

Options
what do u eat for weight loss?
I'm eating the same thing chicken breast, veggies, fruits, eggs, turkey bacon, rice cakes , salmon , and etc.
I just need some ideas and also on the go food ideas?

Thanks

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Lots of produce (cherries as I type), homemade bread, low-fat dairy and mostly lean, white meats.

If it sounds restrictive, it's not. There's a lot you can do with that stuff. A LOT.

Do you cook? If not, think about doing it. :)
  • runner1234b
    runner1234b Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Non fat Greek yogurt, salsa and jalapeños..be careful with too much variety may spark other cravings
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am an ice cream fiend, so I always have a box of ice cream sandwiches in the freezer. The ones I buy are 150 calories each, so I can easily fit one into my daily calorie goals :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    For me the most important thing is my food scale, that way I am precise and sure of my portions.

Like many others say on here, I eat the things I love-in moderation. But I do a few things that help me eat the way I want, which is generally high volume. For one, double protein and double veg for dinner. Fajitas? Make it a fajita salad. Nothing wrong with a tortilla but I like ice cream for dessert and can't usually fit both.

I use cookies as add-ins. I could easily eat a sleeve of oreos, but if I'm adding it to greek yogurt-one is fine.

And laughing cow cheese. It just melts into whatever you make. 35 calories of goodness.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I eat everything, only less.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Lots of produce (cherries as I type), homemade bread, low-fat dairy and mostly lean, white meats.

If it sounds restrictive, it's not. There's a lot you can do with that stuff. A LOT.

You don't have to restrict yourself to a narrow list of foods to lose weight. You can eat whatever you like, in portions to fit your calorie goal. Eat nutrient dense foods most of the time, and get sufficient fat and protein, but you can include any food you like!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    diet soda and black coffee (fluids), gummy bears (sweet tooth), steamed white rice, avocados, extra-lean hamburgers, homemade refrigerator pickles

I get tired of salads all the time so I make pasta salad and eat it over a bed of dark leafy lettuce - that's been my go to for packed lunches.
  • LowanaDavies
    LowanaDavies Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I make my own hummus and pesto and eat a tablespoon of each with raw veggies like carrot celery and capsicum sticks for a snack in between meals. Cooking for myself has helped me a lot to choose whole fresh natural ingredients - and I highly recommend the if you can't "grow it, pick it, or kill it; don't eat it" rule.
    I 0tq6ryo1egl1.jpg
  • Dawn410
    Dawn410 Posts: 120 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I love food and love experimenting with food, so I like to try 2-3 new recipes each week. I love experimenting with different fish, marinades. I also try a new veggie most weeks. Keeps things interesting while staying healthy. I try to limit processed food as much as I can. And I try to make a healthy change to my overall lifestyle each week. This week I'm cutting out one snack and upping my cardiovascular and resistance workouts.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,249 Member
    Options
    I eat everything I used to eat, but in smaller portions.

That said, I do keep a few things on hand that help me stay within my calorie counts and keep me happy with my food plan. I eat lots of fresh produce and fruit, cottage cheese, eggs, rice, potatoes, and popcorn. But I also keep eating ice cream, meats all of sorts, pasta, drinking soda, and more.

The only stuff I do not eat are things I can't eat due to a medical condition. No matter how badly I want to eat them, it's not worth the pain! Looking at you tomatoes, citrus, vinegar, chocolate, caffeine, spicy foods, and more!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Morrocan lentils, comes in a packed and you just bring it to the boil and then let it simmer.

Quick, easy, filling, protein, what I consider little calories.

Fish, I like blue grenadier, again seems to be high in protein, add some steamed veggies.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

You don't have to restrict yourself to a narrow list of foods to lose weight. You can eat whatever you like, in portions to fit your calorie goal. Eat nutrient dense foods most of the time, and get sufficient fat and protein, but you can include any food you like!
    I didn't clean up my diet to lose weight. I did it to improve my health.

Nobody forced me. I choose to buy fresh foods and make them myself.

You don't have to eat packaged stuff to lose weight, either. All are valid choices. :)
  • AutumnCity
    AutumnCity Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I keep these things in the fridge: nonfat milk, yogurt, cheese, whole wheat tortillas or bread, salsa, hummus, rotisserie chicken, cooked squash or sweet potato, some type of bean, some type of rice or quinoa, 3-4 types of vegetable, avocados, 2-3 types of fruit, berries.

I am studying for my professional exams and eat almost every meal at home right now.

For on-the-go I really like avocado toasts, and smoothies.
  • 81Schutte
    81Schutte Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make a green smoothie in the morning. After my morning tea (stash moroccan mint green tea w/ teaspoon raw Agava). Example of green smoothie 2 cups raw spinach, 1 banana, 1 cup pineapple, 1 cup mango, 2 tablespoon flaxseed. For lunch I will have more smoothie w/ homemade hummus and veggies. Dinner I will have a med spring mix salad with some meat (fish, chicken, turkey, egg), raw nuts, cherry tomatoes, raw broccoli, raw onion, and wishbone Italian dressing. I try to go 75% raw. It detox the body, clears completion, and heals the body. Going raw is the quickest way to loss weight. Your body will love you for it. I just find it hard to stay on cause I love going out to eat and eating process foods.
  • nicoleexo2015
    nicoleexo2015 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank u all for your responses but with me I try eat whatever I want. Because I lack self control with fast food and I don't really understand portion sizes.
  • nicoleexo2015
    Options
    I make my own hummus and pesto and eat a tablespoon of each with raw veggies like carrot celery and capsicum sticks for a snack in between meals. Cooking for myself has helped me a lot to choose whole fresh natural ingredients - and I highly recommend the if you can't "grow it, pick it, or kill it; don't eat it" rule.
    I 0tq6ryo1egl1.jpg
    That looks good

• nicoleexo2015
    Options

I know how to cook but I'm just not very creative
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Grilled pork chops with green beans.