Starbucks☺

I am a newbie to the Starbucks Coffee craze. So what are the best low fat,low calorie options that you guys gave found??

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I usually get a skinny caramel latte. Grande is only 120 calories with 12g/protein :D
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    idk about lowfat, but i usually get a caramel flan or caramel soy frappe with no whip cream. usually you can build your own drink in a sense, just modify options by adding nonfat milk or soymilk instead of regular, holding on the whip cream & extra toppings. but!! i also like just making room for a tasty drink every now & then so i get the whole big thing. it's whatever you wanna do really. but there's also helpful guides online to ordering starbucks, like this one that starbucks even made http://www.starbucks.com/menu/nutrition/20-under-200
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    I usually order an americano with room and add 2-3 tbsp of half and half and maybe a sugar packet. A grande americano has only 15 calories, and a tablespoon of half and half has 20 cal and a teaspoon of sugar has about 16 cal. So, my drink has a total of 75-95 cal! :) You can add a pump of their sugar-free syrup, which has no calories.
    You can get the americano over ice, too!

BTW- an americano is a shot of espresso with hot water.
  • AlexanderAmelia
    AlexanderAmelia Posts: 29 Member
    edited June 2015
    Today I had a 16 oz iced coffee, black. About 5 calories.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    edited June 2015
    A skinny vanilla latte. A grande cup (16 oz) is about 120 calories.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    I am a newbie to the Starbucks Coffee craze. So what are the best low fat,low calorie options that you guys gave found??

Espresso.
  • arv51862
    arv51862 Posts: 115 Member
    I just get my Starbucks fix through the local grocery store with their pre-packaged goods...
    They have a low calorie Coffee & Milk that is 50 calories per 11 oz bottle, or...
    My favorite at 70 calories for an 8 oz serving is the Starbucks - Iced Espresso Classics Skinny Caramel Macchiato.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    -Bold coffee with splash of cream (50ish calories)

-Doppio compana (espresso with whipped cream-30 calories)

-Iced coffee or iced americano with splash of half and half (50ish calories)

-Coffee/caramel/mocha frappuccino light with skim milk. I'll order a tall or grande, add espresso and extra ice and have them put it in a bigger cup. So for around 100-120 calories I get a huge, sweet, icy drink that feels like a splurge.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    I love there sugar free syrups. I get a tall roast with sugar free cinnamon dolce, caramel, or vanilla and add splash of milk (20-50cals depending how much milk you add)
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Iced Green tea lemonade
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    I always get an iced drink (not a blended one, though) in my personal insulated cold cup. I stick it in the fridge when I'm not drinking it and it stays nice and cold, and takes me a few hours to drink instead of just gulping it down like I do with a hot drink.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Black coffee or the Americano.

I'm not a huge Starbucks fan, though. There are other coffee places here I prefer.
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Iced coffee. Black. Or an Iced Americano. Save for the occasional treat, I don't normally add anything to my coffee because I find calories sneak up on me that way.

I make my own cold brewed coffee concentrate at home, and it's actually better than the iced coffee at Starbucks because theirs is made hot and then chilled, which yields a more bitter and acidic product.

Plus, with cold brew concentrate, you can easily make your own iced mochas, protein shakes, etc. that taste better than anything at Starbucks. And you don't even need any special equipment. All you need is a big jug/pot and a filter of some kind. And space in your refrigerator.

I know that wasn't the question, but I thought I'd give my 2 cents. I do stop by Starbucks out of convenience at times, but the Starbucks near me don't have very good baristas... probably because I live in Southern Indiana. I have to go elsewhere if I want a really good specialty drink.
  • nam985
    nam985 Posts: 140 Member
    I have a slightly unhealthy obsession with Starbucks, but tend to make fairly decent choices most of the time. For something hot I will go for a grande blonde roast with a bit of splenda and some cream (works out to about 75-ish kcal), or their citrus mint green tea. My go to cold drink is an iced coffee with sugar free caramel and skim milk. However, once every couple weeks I allow myself to go full fat kid and get something decadent. My current cold favorite is the s'mores frappucino, and the gingerbread latte during the winter months.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Iced Green tea lemonade

This is what i drink. I get it unsweetened and add splenda/sweet n' low.

I also sometimes get an americano.
  • DennyB1964
    DennyB1964 Posts: 31 Member
    I get a grande iced coffee with whole milk, no sweetener. But I'm also not looking to lower my fat intake all that much.

40 calories
    Fat - 2 grams
    Carbs - 3 grams
    Protein - 2 grams
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Starbucks. My weakness. For a while I HAD to have my favorite drink which is a grande salted caramel mocha iced latte with with non fat milk and no whip. It's delicious but it's 280 calories. I haven't had one in months now because I haven't wanted to use my calories on it. Now I make mocha coffee from a kcup and refrigerate it overnight. In the morning I add caramel and toffee sugar free syrups with a scoop of protein powder with a few mocha coffee ice cubes. Definitely not the same but my eating style has changed enough for me to accept it.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    I go all out when I go to Starbucks. To hell with calories.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Earl Gray tea
  • geturdone123
    geturdone123 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks Everyone! This was very helpful☺