Water fun / exercise

Options
Well it's nice to finally have all the kinks worked out of our pool. I love doing a workout in the water, but let me tell you how taxing it is on the body... I did an hour workout in the pool and came in to work my job and didn't have the strength to use the 5 lb hammer (I work on the Railroad). I guess I need to be a little easier on the workout or do it earlier to get time to recover. Anyway, the pool is still refreshing.... :wink:

Replies

• Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I am SOOOOOO jealous :grumble:

I wish I had a pool, especially on glorious days like today, it would be the perfect way to energise myself with a morning swim! Swimming is an excellent exercise and helps improve cardio and strength training as the muscles push against the resistance of the water! Like any exercise, try not to do too much that may result in injury :flowerforyou: But I'm sure over the next few weeks, you will find your resistance and stamina increasing significantly!

Enjoy your pool! :flowerforyou:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    ooooh, another thing...I live in the UK and my mother has a pool that goes up for a few weeks (when we have nice weather) A good exercise to do (only with people who can swim) is get everyone to walk in the pool (if it's shallow enough to walk in) in one direction around the edges. When the pool water is flowing quickly in this direction, shout "TURN" and everyone has to turn and walk into the current of the water...not only is it excellent work for your muscles but also great fun for everyone involved. make sure everyone can swim though because it can get quite crazy in there :flowerforyou:

Oooooh....I want a pool now :flowerforyou: