Food diary problems?

FatMomma89
FatMomma89 Posts: 81 Member
I finished my diary and after working out it tells me i am way under my calories. My caloriesnarenset at 1200 andni had only 230 left then after working out i had 600 something and it won't let me completely be done with it. What did i do wrong?

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    It's because you ate under 1000 calories. You're not eating enough, and thus MFP will not really complete out your day - and likely gave you a warning about not eating enough. When you set MFP up and tick "lost 2 pounds per week" it almost always drops you down to 1200 calories regardless of that being truly appropriate.

This is a good post to read...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • FatMomma89
    So it sounds like i need to eat them back even if I'm full. Thank you for the link. I will read it.
  • PrizePopple
    1,200 is the recommended minimum for women to eat, eating less than that is likely to cause more issues in the long run and it's just not worth it in my opinion. I personally was losing at the beginning eatin 1,700-1,800 calories and doing very little exercise. There are lots of foods that give you caloric bang for your buck, like peanut butter, that can help you get to your caloric goals.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods
  • FatMomma89
    Today i ate 4 eggs and 2 hamburger patties. So i had 0 carbs. I thought that today was a good thing.
  • PrizePopple
    FatMomma89 wrote: »
    Today i ate 4 eggs and 2 hamburger patties. So i had 0 carbs. I thought that today was a good thing.

Carbs are in no way a bad thing, and you do need them. Having 0 carbs means you also had 0 fiber, and that is NOT a good thing. Your body needs carbs as a form of fuel, and since you're exercising you really need proper fuel for your body. It's all about balance, not going to extremes.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    you can eat everything! ( when you dont have any medical issues..think of diabetic etc)
    Just fit it in your calorie allowance and eat about 25-75% of your exercise calories back.

when you are too full plan your day/meals different.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    MFP will give the warning about too few any time you try to "complete" a day under 1200 calories for women. MFP does this on purpose to discourage undereating to attempt to get faster weight loss.

1200 is recommended minimum for most women, if you are consistently under that you risk malnutrition because it is very difficult to get needed micronutrients at that level.

When you log exercise, MFP adds calories to your total. Best practice is to eat back about half or so of those calories.

Even though you don't get the "If every day were like today" screen, everything is still logged.