Moms that walk/jog/run

Options
How do you do it? I rarely have time to go somewhere to walk or jog (run, eventually, maybe? That's my goal but I'm far from it right now. ) I was thinking of jogging or running around the house? I don't have a treadmill. What do you all do?

Replies

• smcclaycouffer
    smcclaycouffer Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids ages 11 months to 13. I just put the 2 little kids in the double stroller and tell the older 2 let's go and we walk out the door. It's always after dinner around 7pm. We'll walk for 15min stop at a park and let them play for 10min then we'll walk another 15min. Our whole route is 1.5 mile long. Kids love it.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I put my boys in the double stroller (1 yr & 3 yrs) and we walk to the park. I play with them at the park for a bit and then we walk home. I've been doing walks with my 3 yr old since he was about 6 months old (although they were much shorter then...like really short...I was really out of shape).

I also have a membership to the local YMCA (only had since feb) and they play in the daycare there when I workout 4-5 days a week.
  • breeze_brat
    breeze_brat Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What about Leslie Sansone Walk At Home? I do her videos on Youtube as well as some dance ones (love dancing)
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    How old are your kids? I used the double jogger a lot, I've also taken them to parks and jogged around there while they played. If they're older, they can bike on paths while you run.
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If I'm short on time I just put my lil guy in the stroller and walk the neighborhood. If I'm not short on time my husband watches my son and I go to the gym.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If we're walking, I wear our 2 year old on my back in an ergo carrier and the 7 year old rides her bike.

I've seen a lady in my neighborhood pulling her daughter in a wagon.

If your kids are old enough to ride bikes, you could get one for yourself and ride with them. That's our most common activity these days. There's lots of ways to put smaller ones on a parents bike. Seats, trailers, and even trailer bikes.

It's a great family activity. We've had a lot of fun exploring a local rail trail. One day a weekend, we ride for a while then stop and have a picnic lunch then ride back.
  • bonnianne
    bonnianne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 5 munchkins and both my husband and I work full-time (I'm weekdays and he's all over the place running a restaurant), so during the week I walk over my lunch hour and on the weekends I take the kids to the rec center pool. They swim for 1-2 hours while I use the elevated track that circles the pool which allows me to watch them through windows. The pool also has 2-3 lifeguards on duty. I also mow the 1/3 acre lawn and take our schnoodle for a 10-20 minute walk before I leave for work on the weekday mornings. I'd like to try workout videos, however I'm exhausted by the time I get my babies in bed and the house picked up.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I leave the kids with my husband to go to the gym or pool or for a run on weekends or late evenings, after bedtime. I also have a treadmill, which is something I invested in after having my second baby. And I walk with the kids, and also schedule gym or pool time when the kids have also similar activities.