Fitbit in a bumpy van.

Options
tazjosh
tazjosh Posts: 88 Member
sometimes I'm in a big bus travelling for quite a bit. How do I stop my fit bit counting the movement as steps when I'm just sitting ( not even driving)

Replies

• kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    download an app called "driveBit".

set it to "riding in a car/truck" or driving if you do that too.
    You start it when you get in and stop it when you get out. The app automatically converts any steps during that time period to an activity in FitBit.
  • tazjosh
    Options
    Aw thanks
  • tazjosh
    Options
    kuranda10 wrote: »

You start it when you get in and stop it when you get out. The app automatically converts any steps during that time period to an activity in FitBit.

How does it show on Fitbit app? I've downloaded it to try it but it doesn't seem to have done anything on my account or steps level?
  • tazjosh
    Options
    tazjosh wrote: »
    kuranda10 wrote: »

How does it show on Fitbit app? I've downloaded it to try it but it doesn't seem to have done anything on my account or steps level?

Well what I means is, it shows the drive on my Fitbit app but it doesn't adjust the steps. The juddering steps are still on my Fitbit and Fitbit app?
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    do you have it sync'd properly?

On my log it shows

Driving N/A N/A 25:05 47 cals
    the 2 N/As being steps and distance
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    tazjosh wrote: »
    sometimes I'm in a big bus travelling for quite a bit. How do I stop my fit bit counting the movement as steps when I'm just sitting ( not even driving)

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Can-I-delete-data
    1. Log into your Fitbit.com dashboard.
    2. At the top of the screen click Log > Activity.
    3. Find the data you want to negate by selecting a date range.
    4. In the activity menu, type in "Driving" and enter the duration and start time.
    5. Click Log Activity. Your steps, floors, and calories burned will decrease for the time period you specified.
  • tazjosh
    Options
    Sorry not good at this, where is the log? I can see the drive and 0kcal for it but it's still adding on the steps on my step count. I thought it would stop adding the steps in that time?