FitBit Surge - worth it?

Options
cushygal
cushygal Posts: 586 Member
Does anyone have the FitBit surge? I have the Fitbit one and its over 4 years old and starting to fall apart, so I am thinking about upgrading to the surge, but not sure if the 250.00 price tag is worth it. I typically run on a treadmill, or walk outside for my cardio and I just recently started to add weight training - thoughts?

Thanks

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I like it, but I kind of figured I would.

The HR reading is delayed a bit compared to a chest strap HRM. By that I mean if my chest strap registers my HR at 150 it will take a few seconds before the Surge gets that reading. I like using the GPS to track my walks and runs. The multi-sport function is kind of nice too (there's an option for weight lifting). The calorie burn is fairly accurate for me. I have gone swimming with mine on. It's rated 5 ATM which should be able to hold up to basic swimming (maybe not water sports) even though Fitbit says not to.

I thought about the VivoActive. Better battery life, similar features, chest strap HRM. However, when I tried Garmin VivoFit, I was so disappointed with Garmin Connect that I sold the VivoFit after only 56 days of use. It's a bummer that I hated Garmin Connect so much, because I think between the 2, the VivoActive is probably the better watch.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your feedback.