Sports bras anyone??

Options

Replies

• mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    For wearing under everyday clothes, I like the Anita Maximum Control Sports Bra--it shapes nicely and provides decent support. I wear this one for skiing and horseback riding and on the weekends when I don't want to pull out my lacy pretty bras. For high impact workouts I wear Moving Comfort Maia or Vera or something similar that is seriously binding. (I wear size 32 D, btw.)
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I used to wear Fiona until I was turned on to Victoria Secret VSX Maximum Support.
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I wear shock absorbers, but that's to keep my 34Gs in check so may be a little too restrictive for you. Nothing moves in them though.
  • ThatMouse
    ThatMouse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    If you can find 'em, I really love Lululemon's TaTa Tamer II - I wear a 34DD in that model and man, is it supportive. They cost me about $60 including taxes and have the ability to be either straight up-down straps or racerback. I love wearing them racerback as they give me extra support and it lines up perfect with all my racerback tanks. I wear them for everything - running, karate, general workouts - they're fantastic.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    there are different levels of support. I like the champion ones at target. I have a full support with only a little bounce and medium where there is some bounce but I like it better on hot days. I feel like the girls can breathe better with the lighter sports bras.

definitely try them on. I tried some under armor and nike and hated them. I mean hated hated.

so to target I go :)
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You are probably not Dutch, but in case anyone who is Dutch reads this, Hema has a great high impact sports bra.
  • sonivmartin
    sonivmartin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am a 38DD so have a lot to support. In the past I have used Adidas sports bras and they work great...but leave me looking like I have a uniboob. I tried one of the Victoria Secret's and love it. It has a front hook clasp...and then a zipper in the front...gives great support and looks nice
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If you have slightly-above-average breast size but you have below-average rib size, I vouch for VS Incredible, too. I'm a 32DDD = 34DD = 36D = 38C = 40B in cup volume, which is only slightly above average, but obviously, at 32", I have a small rib size. Finding something with a non-small cup volume and a SMALL band size so I don't fall out of the bottom is my problem.

It doesn't TRULY fit--the gore rides off my chest, which means that the cup size is too small--but it's pretty darned close. I think VS runs just a little bit shallow in the cups, anyway.
  • 300mags
    300mags Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Becka4prez wrote: »
    I just got a Victoria's Secret bra and I'm totally hooked! Its like wearing a hug. A boob hug. Seriously, it looks great and they DO NOT move no matter what.

I second this! Vs knows their totties and how to keep them in place.
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i did see sports bras with separate boobs (vs. the squished uni-boob look) that looked like a regular bra/sports bra crossover in a store recently. can't recall the brand, but they exist! Racerback straps, but narrow - so i wouldn't think they're high impact, but if you're looking for a shapeliness/support/comfort compromise, it does exist!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    rbiss wrote: »
    I love enell but they are made for high impact sports. I'm not sure I would wear them during the day, but they are great bras.

Actually they do have a version for lower impact sports now too. But I wear the high impact version and that is the only bra I wear. I own five of them, each a different color. Most comfortable bra I have ever owned and the support is unbeatable. :)

• MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    ThatMouse wrote: »
    If you can find 'em, I really love Lululemon's TaTa Tamer II - I wear a 34DD in that model and man, is it supportive. They cost me about $60 including taxes and have the ability to be either straight up-down straps or racerback. I love wearing them racerback as they give me extra support and it lines up perfect with all my racerback tanks. I wear them for everything - running, karate, general workouts - they're fantastic.

This is my go to bra as well. And every time I'm at Winners I scour the racks for the discontinued LuLulemon "the bust stops here" style. Very similar but with even more bounce control. I am also 34DD and in my TBSH bra I can skip, sprint, and do anything else with zero movement.
  • Naener
    Naener Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    the VSX is pretty good, i like it over my new VS Knockout... i loved the adjustable straps idea, but the clip together bit under the zipper in the front pokes into my skin and irritates. :(

i prefer my tek gear ones to be honest. max support of course
  • Naener
    Naener Posts: 167 Member
    Options

It doesn't TRULY fit--the gore rides off my chest, which means that the cup size is too small--but it's pretty darned close. I think VS runs just a little bit shallow in the cups, anyway.

and THIS lol i had to buy a 36DD. good grief.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    It's not advertised as a "sports bra" but I like the Bra Genie a lot.
  • theresa034
    theresa034 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've found Nike works the best. I've had the ones I use for years and they still have great shape, are comfy, and incredibly supportive. I prefer the thick straps with the razor back.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    If you have slightly-above-average breast size but you have below-average rib size, I vouch for VS Incredible, too. I'm a 32DDD = 34DD = 36D = 38C = 40B in cup volume, which is only slightly above average, but obviously, at 32", I have a small rib size. Finding something with a non-small cup volume and a SMALL band size so I don't fall out of the bottom is my problem.

I've never been a fan of VS bras for just this reason--their cups run small comparatively (and I used to be large-chested). I would highly suggest seeking out a professional bra fitter somewhere that is not VS. Seriously life-changing.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I sometimes wear soft cup non-sports bras, ones that have better support, separation, and a nice, non-flattening shape. It's a shock at the gym to see a bustline that isn't mashed against a woman's ribs, though, so people might stare.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »

I've never been a fan of VS bras for just this reason--their cups run small comparatively (and I used to be large-chested). I would highly suggest seeking out a professional bra fitter somewhere that is not VS. Seriously life-changing.

They're not so much small as shallow--total absolute volume is the same, just more spread out.

Eh. I should be wearing a 30FF/F or a 32DDD(E)/F, depending on the brand. Been to Intimacy. I just really wanted some cheap bras, and they're SO close to the right size that it works okay. When I hit 125lbs, I'll take a jaunt over to Nordstroms and hope that they have some cute stuff.