Calories????

Please is there anyone out there who would be willing to work out my calories for me I'm so confused!! Think I've looked too hard and now can't really work out what's best for me

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    At 53 and 49 lbs to go I think the goal setting will put you at 1200 calories per day plus calories earned by logged exercise, unless you set a slower loss rate. If that seems too low then start at 1300, or 1400, and see how weight loss goes then adjust accordingly.

If that's not complex enough we'll need to know your height, weight, activity level etc.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Just put your stats into MFP?
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    lightly active
    lose 1 pound per week
    put that in your stats
    youre welcome
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Stay below the calorie goal target and don't eat when not hungry. Log everything. Even negligible stuff like 5 grams of potato chips or leafy greens. Sometimes your jaw will drop, sometimes you'll be pleasantly surprised. Watch comfort movies instead of comfort food enjoy comfort movies/series/friends. Note on that - you are likely to scoff down anything if you are eating in front of a screen.
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Stay below the calorie goal target and don't eat when not hungry. Log everything. Even negligible stuff like 5 grams of potato chips or leafy greens. Sometimes your jaw will drop, sometimes you'll be pleasantly surprised. Watch comfort movies instead of comfort food enjoy comfort movies/series/friends. Note on that - you are likely to scoff down anything if you are eating in front of a screen.

Including exercise calories can be a trap for eating over normal limits. Metabolism doesn't increase overnight.
  • TeamRHSteftownsend
    TeamRHSteftownsend Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks everyone!