Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

So under 700 calories is not enough

Going thru the hardest time I have ever faced in my life and I am not an emotional eater so I've had no appetite. The first 2-3 days I bet I didn't have 200-300 calories. I became aware of that so started counting again with MFP and I have managed to get in almost 700 calories a day for the last 4 days or so and I know it's not enough but I eat one or 2 bites of something and I feel over full and sick at my stomach. I have been trying to make the calories count tho. I try to eat part of a banana in the morning, I can eat about half, I will usually eat a half peanut butter sandwich a time or two during the day and I have been eating those P3 things-the nuts, cheese and meat- a time or two during the day. I try to drink at lease 8 oz of milk at some point during the day also. I munch on baby carrots some too. I have also been drinking almost 100 oz of water daily as well. My mouth has been so crazy dry.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Sorry to hear you are going through a hard time, but you really do need to eat more. Focus on calorie dense foods. Eggs, avocado, good oils, nuts, seeds, cheese, nut butters, eat cottage cheese with bananas or other fruits.

As to your dry mouth, if your glands around the neck or ear the ears have been sore lately and/or you have been suffering with dry eyes or dry nose...talk to your doctor about any possible health issues. Are you taking any medication that may cause the dry mouth? Watch out for your teeth with the dry mouth..dry mouth is not good for dental.

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    If you are having problems getting more than 700 calories a day down, and it may be due to emotional issues, I would talk to a doctor and probably a therapist. That sounds like the kind of issue internet strangers aren't going to fix for you, though we all will wish you the best.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    You should see a doctor.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    See a doctor/psychiatrist.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 902 Member
    I agree with all of the above, you need to see a doctor. The sooner, the better. Turns out that I had internal bleeding in my stomach [which combined with a health issue that makes me never NOT hungry, was horrible; throwing up allll the time, so much blood too].
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 902 Member
    I agree with all of the above, you need to see a doctor. The sooner, the better. Turns out that I had internal bleeding in my stomach [which combined with a health issue that makes me never NOT hungry, was horrible; throwing up allll the time, so much blood too].
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    See a doctor
  • ShelliesTrying
    ShelliesTrying Posts: 85 Member
    I really wasn't reaching out for help. I was just getting it off my mind. I lost like 16 lb in the first 4 days of all of this. I am about 11 days out I have lost a total of 23 lbs. I don't feel like I need to see a dr at this point. I just need to work thru all the stuff that's going on and I'm sure I will fine. I appreciate everyone's concern.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited June 2015
    I think I understand where you're at - sorry you're in such a tough place right now! :cry:

Just keep in mind that the emotional stuff may be masking something else - if this goes on for more than another couple of days, it may be more than it appears to be right now and may warrant a second opinion. That's probably not the case - but it might be.

Good luck!

:drinker:
  • TavistockToad
    I really wasn't reaching out for help. I was just getting it off my mind. I lost like 16 lb in the first 4 days of all of this. I am about 11 days out I have lost a total of 23 lbs. I don't feel like I need to see a dr at this point. I just need to work thru all the stuff that's going on and I'm sure I will fine. I appreciate everyone's concern.

Losing so much weight is in no way a good thing...
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    If this is very temporary, it's not going to hurt you (as in, a few days, at most). But longer term, and you could be facing muscle loss, gallstones, malnutrition, and a host of other side effects.

Make a doc appointment. Seriously. If you are sure there's no medical issue, and it's all emotional, then make an appointment with a counselor or psychologist or someone who can help you get this sorted. Meantime, get a good meal replacement shake. This is not a protein shake, as it's meant to actually replace a meal. It will have the calories and nutrients that you require, and drinking those calories and nutrients is a lot easier than eating them.
  • ShelliesTrying
    Protein powder but nothing tastes good right now so I have only tried once to add some to milk. I will try a meal replacement. That's like
    Slim Fast right?
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited June 2015
    PLEASE SEE A DOCTOR!

I had similar issues about two years ago. I lost over 50 pounds in three months (closer to "D-day", I was losing about a pound per day), was incredibly thirsty (I was having at least 160oz of water, and it couldn't help my dry mouth), had to pee a ton, and was too tired to eat anything. After having some family and close friends voice their concerns, I went to an urgent care center and found out that I was a type 1 diabetic and was in diabetic ketoacidosis. If I didn't go to a doctor that day, the ketoacidosis would have killed me within days (if not hours).

I don't want anyone else experiencing the same hell I went through. It's much better to see a doctor to make sure you are alright than assume you are fine and possibly lose your life because of it.
  • TavistockToad
    Protein powder but nothing tastes good right now so I have only tried once to add some to milk. I will try a meal replacement. That's like
    Slim Fast right?

Something like complan would be better.
  • ShelliesTrying
    I really feel like this is all due to the emotional stress I have been under for the last week and a half. Prior to that I was fine. I went from 271 to 248 from last Thursday to today. Every time I feel hungry and want to eat I will try to eat and I eat one, maybe 2 bites and I'm just done. I feel over full and a little nauseous.
  • ShelliesTrying
    I am trying to make the best of it. I've had no junk really. I was a heavy soda drinker and 2 weeks ago I decided to quit drinking pop and then all this crap happened that I am dealing with now. I think it's just several things all playing a roll here.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Well seems like you're not taking people's advice on checking a doctor so I just want to wish you the best and hope it's just temporary
  • ShelliesTrying
    I have a terrible profile pic. Must've been in a rotten mood that day! I don't come here to chat often so I never really thought about having a decent pic...
  • TavistockToad
    I have a terrible profile pic. Must've been in a rotten mood that day! I don't come here to chat often so I never really thought about having a decent pic...

:huh:
  • ShelliesTrying
    It's not that I'm not taking the advice, I just know what's going on in my life right now and I feel like it revolves around that. I just came here to get this off my chest. Again, I truly appreciate everyone's concern.