Honest Opinions Only

Replies

• tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    I think they are fine. I would not hesitate to wear them. The length is nice and they don't seem to low rise, or too high waisted. I so go for it !
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Short-shorts are where your rear hangs out a tiny bit in the back and the crotch from zipper to end of short is 2". Those are summer shorts and they look quite comfy. Your daughter is pre-pubescent(spt) and probably is looking at modesty. Plus, she is concerned "SHE" will be embarrassed. (lol) Don't give it another thought and tell her she can wear the same kind of shorts :) Wear them with confidence and she will have a better self-image as she grows up.
  • hollygoddess
    hollygoddess Posts: 78 Member
    No short-shorts there ( I think of "Daisy Duke's" as short-shorts) perfect length to me!
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    No, these are perfect length and fit you wonderfully! You have beautiful legs so you might as well show them off!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    They look fine, wear them. You have nice legs, so show them off.
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    No short-shorts there ( I think of "Daisy Duke's" as short-shorts) perfect length to me!

This. Those aren't short-shorts. And you look good in them, too.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    you look like a teenager! getting ready for high school!

you look GREAT don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Oh my goodness, those look fantastic on you! You have some great legs!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    very cute! never trust a 9 yr old for fashion advice. You look great.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Looks good :)
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Those aren't short shorts. Short shorts show butt cheek. They look great for you.
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    I see no problem from an appropriateness standpoint.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    if you can't see *kitten* cheek, then they are not short shorts :happy:
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    You're really too young to be worried about dressing "too young".
    They're fine, as long as just for casual . Wouldn't wear them to the office or anything but for casual daytime is ok.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    you look awesome in those shorts. Seriously. You look GREAT! :-)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    They are perfectly fine! They are shorts...not those underwear like things with zippers that the young girls wear, haha! I am 35 and wear shorts in that length mostly.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Maybe she's used to the "finger tip rule" in school? We used to have that, if our shorts were shorter than our finger tips they were too short for school, but that was for school rules only :p Those are definitely appropriate :) And you look great :)
  • genofreek
    genofreek Posts: 75
    get some booty shorts from the junior's department and then see if your daughter has anything to say about these. they look nice, and they're not so tiny you'll show everything when you sit down, so wear your shorts and have a nice summer. :)
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    9 year olds shouldn't have an opinion about anything that they can't buy at Justice. My kid is the same way. The shorts are very cute on you. Wear them with pride. :-)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I just want to know where you got them, because I have a hard time finding shorts that length. :smile: