FatMomma89 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Day one i was under at foodbeing 970 day two was better at 1115
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    MasterVal wrote: »
    FatMomma89 wrote: »
    Well in the last 2 days i have lost 5 pounds by eating up to 4 grams of carbs and not watching my fat or protein intake. (2 eggs for lunch, 2 eggs and 2 hamburger patties for dinner and one day i had 1 serving if salad)

5 lb in 2 days huh? And you think only 4 grams of carbs did this?

Sure did....the water weight alone
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    low carb makes me feel crappy. I start dreaming of french bread. Not worth it for me.
  • FatMomma89
    Options
    low carb makes me feel crappy. I start dreaming of french bread. Not worth it for me.

The only carbs i crave are junk. I always crave sweets like cakes and cookies.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    Well in the last 2 days i have lost 5 pounds by eating up to 4 grams of carbs and not watching my fat or protein intake. (2 eggs for lunch, 2 eggs and 2 hamburger patties for dinner and one day i had 1 serving if salad)

This is all you ate?

So how many calories did this amount to per day?

I'm going to leave this here...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/33051671#Comment_33051671

Sigh...I just find it so sad that someone will do this to themselves.

I do a modified 5:2 diet. I eat a smaller deficit 5 days and the other 2 days at a larger deficit. Traditionally those 2 days would only be 500 calories but I just can't go that low so I upped it to between 800-1000. The combined deficits gives me about 1 1/4 lb loss per week with about 45lbs left to lose.

My requirements are less that the OP's...she is 27 and I am 62.

I don't get it...with the information that is available to us there is no need in someone trying to starve themselves to lose weight.

OP...I read in your profile that you are a mother of 5...for their sake...do this right...those kids deserve a healthy mother.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The french are thin. It might have to do with the diet and lifestyle surrounding the fragrant french bread.
  • FatMomma89
    Options
    How am i starving myself if I'm not hungry? For around 10 years this if not less has been my appetite.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    4 eggs and 2 hamburger patties in a day??? why are you starving yourself???
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    How am i starving myself if I'm not hungry? For around 10 years this if not less has been my appetite.

If you haven't been hungry for 10 years and only eat very little, how is it that you are trying to lose weight?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

If you haven't been hungry for 10 years and only eat very little, how is it that you are trying to lose weight?

This. And hunger is not a very good indicator of eating too little.

You need to eat more.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

If this is your appetite for the last 10 years how did you get to be 100lbs over weight?

No one eats that little and becomes 100lbs over weight.

• FatMomma89
    Options
    Toxemia for one along with other health issues.
  • FatMomma89
    Options
    Oh and I'm not 100 pounds over weight.
  • Muscleflex79
    Options
    your profile ticker says you are trying to lose 100 lbs
  • Muscleflex79
    Options
    and your name - fatmomma - how do you get to be a "fatmomma" if you have no appetite and can't eat more than a couple eggs and patties in a day - I think that is what people are trying to understand!
  • FatMomma89
    Options
    It shouldn't i am trying to go from 180 to 110. But 130 would be in my normal weight range just at the top of it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You've lost some water. And maybe a tiny bit of weight.

I'm not opposed to low carb dieting, but do hope you're being realistic and smart.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

if you don't know how to track your carbs, how do you know you consumed only four grams of carbs?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

that thought crossed my mind...
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    For some reason every time I see these threads with the question mark, I read it in the same kind of voice as "you holding?"