Chocolate cravings

Options
About once week a month I have crazy chocolate cravings. How do you feed your chocolate cravings without breaking the bank or the diet?

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Make it a part of your plan. Allot for some chocolate once or twice a week. It'll help keep you from binging on it at some point in the future.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I am truffle girl, but I hear chocolate chips are more calorie friendly.
  • bennett180790
    bennett180790 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i eat ice cream or chocolate daily. work it into your macros then you won't crave it and binge
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I buy a bag or bar of good quality dark chocolate, I find that I can satisfy my craving with just a piece or two with dark. My favorites are the Dove Promises and the Lindt bars.
    Gihardelli chocolate chips are pretty handy as well.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    I have a bag of individually-wrapped chocolates that are 35 calories each. I have one every day.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    just do your best to fit in your macros and calorie allotment.
  • daniellepstewart209
    daniellepstewart209 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Semi sweet or dark choc chips, you can't eat too many but they fix a chocolate craving :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    corysfahad wrote: »
    About once week a month I have crazy chocolate cravings. How do you feed your chocolate cravings without breaking the bank or the diet?

Premenstrually? Daily exercise and lowering carbs decreased my premenstrual food cravings.

I do eat (small amounts of high quality) chocolate because I like it, but chocolate cravings can also be a sign of a magnesium deficiency: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2721369/What-choccy-cravings-trying-tell-not-mention-yearning-cheese-meat-rice.html
  • BroscienceTheory
    BroscienceTheory Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Try blue diamond dark chocolate almonds. They work for me.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Original fudge pops are about 40 calories each. Jello sugar free pudding is 60 calories per individual serving. Things like cocoa roasted nuts, chocolate flavored Greek yogurt, chocolate frozen yogurt or Skinny Cow ice cream bars. Hershey's cocoa powder is really low calorie and can be added to lots of things (I like to mix it with Greek yogurt until it's kind of a mousse like texture, then add chocolate chips).

But mostly, when I want chocolate I work in a chocolate bar. I do it about once a week. 220-ish calories (depending on the brand). And dark chocolate has a lot of iron in it, so it's practically health food :drinker:
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Save some calories for it in your daily allowance. Then get the best quality you can afford. Just a little bit of dark chocolate does it for me :p
  • gtmfitness
    gtmfitness Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate and frozen yogurt ice cream on the daily :smile:

You can actually eat anything and still lose weight. Now obviously you should strive for wholesome foods rich in vitamins and minerals but that does not mean you cannot treat yourself.

A good rule of thumb....get 80% of your calories from wholesome foods and 20% can come from a dessert or treat.

Hope that helps!

I am also not sure if you have ever tried intermittent fasting....but that is a very cool strategy to make eating at a calorie deficit enjoyable!

Remember, no calorie deficit....no weight loss. Period.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate, quite a lot.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I usually don't like any kind of frozen treat for some reason, but strangely enough I've found I love frozen dark chocolate. Also something about it being frozen makes me much less prone to overeat it. But yeah maybe try eating some when it fits into your totals for the day see if that works for you.
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    I eat about 26 grams of dark chocolate as soon as it starts. That way I'm less likely to eat the whole bar if I wait (made that mistake one month). The darker the better. It helps to sate it quickly.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    4hl7hqtw511p.jpg
    This satisfies my summertime chocolate craving!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I did something for a few weeks that took care of the chocolate problem. I bought a bag of individually wrapped high quality chocolates and put them in the freezer. I only took one out at a time, and they had to defrost first. Then I moved to chocolate covered almonds. Now, I don't have a big craving for chocolate, and if I do, I don't feel bad about it, because now it's a treat, not a problem.
  • kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    chocolate protein shake. fix my chocolate craving and makes me filled. win win situation cus i get my proteins for the day
  • shetripsalot
    shetripsalot Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A couple of squares of Lindt 90% dark chocolate
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate just don't EAT it. I love chocolate. It's my favorite food group. If I want a lot of chocolate (it to last a while), i'll blend up 1 frozen banana, cocoa (the good dark chocolate kind @ whole foods), skim milk and ice. Then may top that with some frozen berries or table spoon of mini chocolate chips. Lasts a while to eat if you want more than a square or two of chocolate.