Am I doing this right?

Options
So.... This weeks weigh in was the first where I missed my goal of 2lbs /week. I know it's not linear and what not, but.... It feels weird that I didn't hit that. My diary is shared, anyone have any thoughts as to if I'm doing this right? Do I really need to get into the macros?

Starvation mode isn't possibility is it?

Perhaps it's inches and not lbs this week? I've got a tape measure on the way along so, in a few weeks ill be able to see that more in depth....

Looking for reassurance I suppose......

I know I know... The drinks... Certainly that's not the cause... There are skinny wino's :-)

Replies

• mrloserpunk
    mrloserpunk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    1 time bump for visibility
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    2 lbs a week is about the maximum that you can hope for safely. Keep at it and look at the average over time. Congrats on your loss so far! Slow and steady winds the race.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly natural to have up weeks and down weeks along the way. Even when you're doing everything right. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Was last Tuesday your birthday? :smile: Otherwise the calories were bang on.

I noticed that you eat almost no vegetables - some in the last 2 days, but not exactly the recommended 5 servings a day. I saw some craisins but dried fruit is high in calories. Where are the apples, bananas, cabbage etc?

Don't you log water or do you not drink it?

These points may make a difference, but weight loss takes time and doesn't follow a nice neat pattern. Keep on, I'm sure you'll get there.
  • defen38
    defen38 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You would benefit from more protein (it's more filling relative to the calorie count) and cutting out the alcohol.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    know it's not linear and what not, but....

But nothing. Your body takes in and expels POUNDS of water a day. There's nothing at all linear about this.

This is the problem with weekly weigh-ins. You get a whole week to worry about the number from that one weighing.

Anyway, yeah, your protein goal is ridiculously low. You're really doing yourself a disservice.

Also, stop tracking sugar. You don't appear diabetic. Track fiber instead. Fiber is much, much more important.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    2 lbs a week is about the maximum that you can hope for safely. Keep at it and look at the average over time. Congrats on your loss so far! Slow and steady winds the race.

This post is ironical coming from a racehorse running fast.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Anyway, yeah, your protein goal is ridiculously low. You're really doing yourself a disservice.

Also, stop tracking sugar. You don't appear diabetic. Track fiber instead. Fiber is much, much more important.

I agree with the protein and fiber comment.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options

This post is ironical coming from a racehorse running fast.

LOL, this horse doesn't run fast, ever. This horse climbs hills slowly and *****es about them the entire way but he is glad when he gets to the top and even when he stops along the way to rest and have a beer :bigsmile:
  • mrloserpunk
    Options
    know it's not linear and what not, but....

But nothing. Your body takes in and expels POUNDS of water a day. There's nothing at all linear about this.

This is the problem with weekly weigh-ins. You get a whole week to worry about the number from that one weighing.

Totally not diabetic. So eat more protein, and fiber? Within my normal calorie goal?

Thanks for all the replays btw...
  • mrloserpunk
    Options
    Was last Tuesday your birthday? :smile: Otherwise the calories were bang on.

I noticed that you eat almost no vegetables - some in the last 2 days, but not exactly the recommended 5 servings a day. I saw some craisins but dried fruit is high in calories. Where are the apples, bananas, cabbage etc?

Don't you log water or do you not drink it?

These points may make a difference, but weight loss takes time and doesn't follow a nice neat pattern. Keep on, I'm sure you'll get there.

So... Wasn't my birthday, just a lot of eating out due to circumstance. This weeks gonna be similar :-( imma try hard and work it off... Running along the beach for a change!

Eh... I don't always log my water, but its cause its like maybe a glass a day. And sometimes I actually drink closer to 2 pots of coffee... Des that count as water? Lol
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    alcohol and sodium make us retain water - did you have more of either than you usually do? Also, hormone levels in both men and women play a role - although in women they're more... predictable on a monthly basis.

as for advice: up your protein and make sure to excercise your large muscle groups: your thighs/buttocks, arms and core (e.g. by lifting weights) - that should increase your testosterone levels and speed up your metabolism a bit. Incidentally, more testosterone also increases the sex drive. Just so you know where THAT came from once it hits.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Less alcohol more veggies. Not to preach but your way over the recommended alcohol for a week. This has effects on your metabolism. Try to cut back and use those calories for some fresh fruit and veg. Not only will you feel better but it all helps
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Less alcohol more veggies. Not to preach but your way over the recommended alcohol for a week. This has effects on your metabolism. Try to cut back and use those calories for some fresh fruit and veg. Not only will you feel better but it all helps

I agree with this as well as the protein and fiber comments above.

I enjoy my drinks from time to time, but I don't think my fat loss would be anywhere as close to what it is now if I was drinking that amount daily. Maybe save it for the weekend? Or just have 1 per night? The calories and sodium in those drinks add up fast. For one small glass of wine, you could have instead ate an apple full of vitamins and nutrients (as well as fiber). I think it is always best to eat your calories instead of drink them. It keeps you fuller that way and you are less prone to overeat.