Hello!

Options
I would say I'm new to MFP, but I'm not really. I created a new profile to signify my fresh perspective and commitment, and to help me get over being discouraged about how much heavier I am now than when I first joined MFP back in 2012 :o
I never really had friends on here or participated on the community boards. So- new attitude, new profile!

I'm 29, mommy to an almost 2 year old. I'm a teacher (currently on summer break) and I need to lose about 91 lbs. I joined ten days ago. I've logged on every day, but I haven't logged my food except for the first day. That was an eye opener! I've been preparing and planning, and today is the day I'm ready to say "I can do this, and I'm going to do this!" I would love to have some friends along this journey!

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Log your food, weigh and measure it too so you are portioning things correctly. Eating less calories is the key to success.

Tweaking what you eat and where those calories come from will help the journey feel more manageable. Lean proteins, fresh veggies and fruits and healthy fats will all help you feel full longer. You can make a nice dent in that 91 lb goal during summer break!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Sorry about posting my 666th post on your thread....saw it coming and just had to leave it somewhere! :smile:
  • healthfulchoices
    healthfulchoices Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Haha! Thank you for the advice and encouragement!