Best solution for those who find it hard to lose weight?

Options
1235»

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    JAT74 wrote: »
    Thank you Adam. I didn't expect everyone to agree with me but I posted with the best intentions and was hoping to hear from others in my position. I agree that if you someone doesn't have positive input which will be helpful to me as the OP then they didn't need to post! I left the thread feeling quite upset and that I wasn't being listened to and before posting I was feeling that posting was going to bring up some helpful suggestions and feel that I was having a similar experience to others.

Like i stated and explained before ( but posts got removed too) I am in your position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I lose weight very slowly. I don't have a thyroid and am sure that plays a part. When I started seeing how other people lose, I quickly came to the conclusion that it was great for them to lose that quickly, but I'm not going to worry about the fact that I don't.

I never fret over the fact that someone did math and decided I should be losing more. I never fret over the fact that other people can eat more and lose more.

Progress is progress and I continue to lose. If it takes three years, then...Hell, that's what it takes. So what.

I eat reasonable amounts of healthy foods. On rare occasions, I indulge. I exercise. I'm in the pool every day. I walk when I'm up to facing the heat, but it don't walk far in the summer unless I go to a public place where there is access to water. I can't carry enough water with me to last 3-4 miles in this heat, so short walks once in a while.

I eat a high fiber breakfast. I don't much, if anything, for several hours before I sleep.

I get fresh air every day and sun as much as I can.

I don't lift weights, but I do air-resistance stuff in the water.

That's what works for me. But everyone is different and everyone has to lose their own weight their own way. You will lose yours, too. Just stick with it. :)