marvindaily Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Overwhelming in a good way lol
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    macr0babe wrote: »
    You've got this. The hardest part is starting, but once you do nothing can stop you!
    So very true! Welcome to MFP Marvin :)
    andympanda wrote: »
    Remember, everyone has bad days, and days the slips up a little or a lot. DOn't give up, just move on and make sure you have more good days then bad days.
    He's absolutely right :)
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You got this! Feel free to add me!
  • falulu209
    falulu209 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    TriciaCh wrote: »
    Thanks guys for the encouraging words, I really appreciate it! This seems like its going to be easier than I thought

Some days seem easy, some are excruciating, the trick is to stick with it no matter how bad a day you have :smile: but you can do it.
    Agreed. Just keep looking forward if you "mess up" one day and don't become discouraged.

Welcome, and all the best!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hi Marvin, this site has helped me lose weight. Try not to be overwhelmed. Just eat how many calories it tells you.
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Marvin! Just do what you can every day and you'll get there before you know it :) In a year from now, you'll be so glad you started and followed through :)
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This is a great tool. Lots of support. Look at people's food diaries for ideas of what works. Read the forums. Log every day - and if you forget, just start again. Try to follow the recommendations and have a plan. Make sure you have healthy food available to you... You'll do great.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Just remember to stick to it even when you dont feel like it especially on the weekends. Set reasonable goals and dont expect it to come off overnight. Don't beat yourself up if you overindulge just get back in the saddle and keep logging. Before you know it the weight will come off. Good luck!
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    hush7hush wrote: »
    Starting really is the hardest part no matter how much you have to lose! One little tip of advice for you, Marvin: when you first start you're going to lose quite a bit pretty quickly but then it's going to slow down a LOT. Don't let that discourage you. That was my main problem. When you have a lot to lose it will fall off really quickly at first and that feels great but then when you see the scale hardly moving it can be discouraging (I was about 240 and losing 5+ a week for about a month but then it dropped down to about 1lb a week). Just always remember that it's a journey and not a race. :)

love this.. I needed to hear this too :)
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    andympanda wrote: »
    Remember, everyone has bad days, and days the slips up a little or a lot. DOn't give up, just move on and make sure you have more good days then bad days.

I was going to write almost exactly this same thing.
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi Marvin! I started off at 300 even, and I'm down to 177. Hit me up with a friend request!
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I'm sure you can do it!! I may have had some down times while changing my habits, but it's weird... I actually have fun logging my calories! I bought a FitBit Zip too(like $60) to count my steps. Because of that, my dog and I have been walking a lot more! I enjoy seeing how many steps I take in a day. You should definitely try it! You're going to do awesome!!!
  • Parkercomom
    Parkercomom Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! One day at a time! Set small goals and you will get there before you know it! :smile:
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome Marvin, you can reach your goal. Among the success stories at MFP is one about a man who went from 511 pounds to under 200. Over at YT there is a channel by a lady Kimonica who was 500 lbs and is now about 250 lbs. Both lost weight by changing their eating habits and adding exercise.
  • 300to1derland
    300to1derland Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Marvin! There are a lot of great people on here that help with motivation and support. I've got close to 200 lbs to lose so feel free to add me!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    wow go look at some of the friends on my friend list...they did it and if they did it so can you!!!!