Anybody else suffering from the 40s metabolism slump?

Options
2»

Replies

• trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm 65+ years old and have lost 48lbs over 21 months. I've changed the way I eat, control portions, and have become more active. It's very possible to do this; you have to be patient, consistent, and stay focused. I've done this at a steady weight loss rate, no plateaus. I'm working out 4Xs per week doing Body Pump (weight lifting) and some cardio, making sure to hit 10,000 steps (tracked with a Fitbit) almost every day. You have to balance your diet and exercise and move more. I've gone from a US size 14/16 to a Petite 4/6.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    Pretty sure the Ladies have different issues at 40 than the men. But that is just a guess.
    I've never seen a BMR calculator that included any sort of adjustment for post-menopause, or number of pregnancies.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I've had an easier time losing at 39 into 40 than I ever did when I was younger. I think it has more to do with me knowing myself better and maybe having a different perspective than before. Plus, and this is what I think is the biggie, I starting lifting heavy this time around. It has made a ton of difference.