For People That Need To Lose Over 50 Pounds. Lost 204 Pounds.

Options
What do you weigh and what keeps you going?
How many times have you tried to lose weight?
Do you believe in quitters?
Do you have a positive attitude?
What are you doing different this time to make this a successful life change?
Is this a diet (be honest) or is this truly a lifestyle change for life?[/b]

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I'm confused- do you need to lose 50 lbs and weigh 204, or you lost 204 lbs?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    1. 155.2#, Most things are habit now.
    2. Twice
    3. Yes
    4. No
    5. I found something that works for me.
    6. It's a diet, aka what I eat (the little used definition of the word). The way and how much I eat has changed.
  • BarbaraR5563
    BarbaraR5563 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. It was meant for those that needed to lose over 50 lbs and yes I lost 204 lbs.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. It was meant for those that needed to lose over 50 lbs and yes I lost 204 lbs.

Amazing! How long did it take?
  • BarbaraR5563
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    2. Twice
    3. Yes
    4. No
    6. It's a diet, aka what I eat (the little used definition of the word). The way and how much I eat has changed.

It sounds like you've made some great changes in your life. You don't see yourself as positive? :)
  • sfkn123
    sfkn123 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    -Used to weigh 205, now I'm at 145. Motivation? Food. I love food. I run so that I can eat more without getting fat.

-This is my first attempt, but have been working on this since September 2014.

-If you're quitting, that means your will power and motivation is not strong enough. Find a different motivation to keep yourself going.

-I don't know.. that depends?

-Eyes on the prize. I'm going to live a healthy life so that I can chase my kids around when I do have kids.

Is this a diet (be honest) or is this truly a lifestyle change for life?
    -Lifestyle change. Diets are temporary and does not last.
  • BarbaraR5563
    Options
    sfkn123 wrote: »
    -Used to weigh 205, now I'm at 145. Motivation? Food. I love food. I run so that I can eat more without getting fat.

-This is my first attempt, but have been working on this since September 2014.

-If you're quitting, that means your will power and motivation is not strong enough. Find a different motivation to keep yourself going.

-I don't know.. that depends?

-Eyes on the prize. I'm going to live a healthy life so that I can chase my kids around when I do have kids.

Is this a diet (be honest) or is this truly a lifestyle change for life?
    -Lifestyle change. Diets are temporary and does not last.

Congratulations on your weight loss! Your mindset will keep you at your goal weight. You definitely set a great example for me and others! Thank you for the inspiration!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    What do you weigh and what keeps you going? 162.6. Used to be 210. The remaining 45-48 pounds I want to lose keep me going. As well as the health concern that started me down this whole road.

How many times have you tried to lose weight? I've been trying to lose weight off and on since I was 13.

Do you believe in quitters? They exist.

Do you have a positive attitude? Regarding my weight loss/fitness? Yes.

What are you doing different this time to make this a successful life change? I've found something that "clicked".

Is this a diet (be honest) or is this truly a lifestyle change for life? I eat the food I like. The way I think about food and the habits I've formed are lifestyle changes.

• BarbaraR5563
    Options
    What do you weigh and what keeps you going? 162.6. Used to be 210. The remaining 45-48 pounds I want to lose keep me going. As well as the health concern that started me down this whole road.

How many times have you tried to lose weight? I've been trying to lose weight off and on since I was 13.

Do you believe in quitters? They exist.

Do you have a positive attitude? Regarding my weight loss/fitness? Yes.

What are you doing different this time to make this a successful life change? I've found something that "clicked".

Is this a diet (be honest) or is this truly a lifestyle change for life? I eat the food I like. The way I think about food and the habits I've formed are lifestyle changes.

Carol you will meet your goal weight and keep it off. You have changed your mindset and you have a positive attitude. The brain is the biggest muscle in the body. You keep feeding it with positive thinking and "I can and are doing this." Along with regular exercise and that be a part of your lifestyle change you will be a new healthier lighter body. Look at pictures when you were heavier and start taking pictures now. You won't regret it! Congratulations on your success so far!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    What do you weigh and what keeps you going? I weigh foods with high calories or odd sizes like meat or fruit and veg.

How many times have you tried to lose weight? First serious attempt I believe, a few other half arsed approaches.

Do you believe in quitters? Yeah, they exist.

Do you have a positive attitude? More neutral, it is what it is but I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

What are you doing different this time to make this a successful life change? Mfp and kick boxing. Set time and date for classes instead of random walking that I can blow off.

Is this a diet (be honest) or is this truly a lifestyle change for life? I think life style change but what's the difference? Timeframe? Been doing this for nearly a year, that's longer than most diets, they seem to be 30 day things.

• BarbaraR5563
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    What do you weigh and what keeps you going? I weigh foods with high calories or odd sizes like meat or fruit and veg.

How many times have you tried to lose weight? First serious attempt I believe, a few other half arsed approaches.

Do you have a positive attitude? More neutral, it is what it is but I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

What are you doing different this time to make this a successful life change? Mfp and kick boxing. Set time and date for classes instead of random walking that I can blow off.

Is this a diet (be honest) or is this truly a lifestyle change for life? I think life style change but what's the difference? Timeframe? Been doing this for nearly a year, that's longer than most diets, they seem to be 30 day things.

Sounds like you are committed if you've been doing this for a year. It's a good mind set to have a lifestyle change and not go on a temporary fix like a "diet". You didn't say how much you've lost but it seems like this plan you are working is successful for you. Congratulations!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

Sounds like you are committed if you've been doing this for a year. It's a good mind set to have a lifestyle change and not go on a temporary fix like a "diet". You didn't say how much you've lost but it seems like this plan you are working is successful for you. Congratulations!
    Lost 50kg or 110 pounds.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    2. Twice
    3. Yes
    4. No

It sounds like you've made some great changes in your life. You don't see yourself as positive? :)

No. Why should I?
    not-sure-if-i-should-answer-or-if-its-a-trap.jpg
  • BarbaraR5563
    Options
    2. Twice
    3. Yes
    4. No

No. Why should I?

Lost 50kg or 110 pounds.

You're well on your way! Good luck!
  • BarbaraR5563
    Options
    2. Twice
    3. Yes
    4. No

No. Why should I?

Lost 50kg or 110 pounds.

Oops! Sorry wrong post. Why be positive? Why not?/quote]
  • BarbaraR5563
    Options

Lost 50kg or 110 pounds.

You're well on your way. Good luck!