NSV: Universe vs. Me

Options
I swear, the universe has now tried everything in its power to keep me from the gym. Yesterday I planned to swim laps at the pool, but the pool closed just as I got there because of lightning. Today, I drove around the gym parking lot for TWENTY MINUTES before finding a parking spot, only to realize that I didn't have my ID in the car and therefore I couldn't work out.

I was ready to throw in the towel and just try again tomorrow. As I drove home, I managed to talk myself into completing some errands first, then going back to the gym later tonight. But as soon as I pulled in the driveway, I said "no, if you don't go now, you won't go back."

So I grabbed my ID, turned around, and drove back to the gym! I went five minutes longer than usual on the elliptical, and increased my plank by 5 seconds (still only at 40, but I started at 20!).

And when I got home, a dress I ordered online was waiting on my doorstep. I ordered it and was deathly afraid that it would be too small when it got here.

40ubewz6vu3r.jpg

But it fit perfectly! Today was exactly the day I needed after a long few weeks of not seeing any results. :)

Replies

• agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congratulations!! You rocked it.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Awesome commitment! And dress :)
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Way to keep on it. That is a fantastic dress, too. Looks great on you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!