Elimination Diet Recipes

Options
amara71998
amara71998 Posts: 81 Member
I have been on an elimination diet for 42 days now. While it's helped me learn how to eat whole, nutritious foods, I am so bored! I'm on the diet to discover food sensitivities since I have a "lump in my throat" feeling.

I cut out gluten, dairy, eggs, legumes, soy, nightshades, and I'm sure other things I'm forgetting.

Any help is much appreciated!

Replies

• amara71998
    amara71998 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TedaMojo
    TedaMojo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wish I could help but the only thing I can think of is google, my nephew has had to go on a very strict diet for the same reason and my sister in law has found google an awesome guide! Best of luck and hope everything is ok with your lump in the throat feeling!
  • jamebb
    jamebb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Google whole30 recipes. I believe that the diet plan eliminates most of the foods you are avoiding, except the nightshades and eggs, so you'll have to weed those out on your own. Nomnompaleo is a good place to start. There are also lots of recipes on pinterest.
  • U1n2a3
    U1n2a3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Look up AI ( autoimmune disease) and recipes
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    amara71998 wrote: »
    I have been on an elimination diet for 42 days now. While it's helped me learn how to eat whole, nutritious foods, I am so bored! I'm on the diet to discover food sensitivities since I have a "lump in my throat" feeling.

I cut out gluten, dairy, eggs, legumes, soy, nightshades, and I'm sure other things I'm forgetting.

That feeling has zilch to do with food sensitivities. It's usually due to reflux or stress--and reflux is rarely caused by sensitivities.

http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/symptoms/lump-in-throat

Aside from the herb stuff and advertising, the info's solid there.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Just curious: If you cut out all of those foods at once, how are you going to know which one is causing the problem?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Just curious: If you cut out all of those foods at once, how are you going to know which one is causing the problem?

I think the idea with an elimination diet is to cut all the potential allergens, then slowly add them back in. Kind of like when you slowly introduce new foods when a baby starts solids to determine if there are any reactions.
  • esmesqualor
    esmesqualor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    amara71998 wrote: »

That feeling has zilch to do with food sensitivities. It's usually due to reflux or stress--and reflux is rarely caused by sensitivities.

http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/symptoms/lump-in-throat

Aside from the herb stuff and advertising, the info's solid there.

Reflux is often food sensitivity related.....
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Check out the book: "It Starts With Food" (the creators of the Whole 30 diet). While I don't agree with some of their opinions, it's a good place to start with good info if you're trying to eat reductively to see what your sensitivities/intolerances are.
  • Lisiz
    Lisiz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You could also look into/Google low FODMAP recipes. While it sounds like you have some additional foods you are avoiding (nightshades, etc), and there would be things that the low FODMAP would avoid that you perhaps don't need to, recipes tend to be gluten, dairy and legume free. Best of luck!
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious how the orginal poster is doing. I agree that food sensitivities can cause reflux and thus the lump in the throat feeling.