KettleWorx

Options
YasminR
YasminR Posts: 54 Member
Well, I bought the KettleWorx DVDs and kettle bell with vouchers for my birthday. Did my first workout this morning and legs and arms are aching - is that good? promises to transform me in 6 weeks - let's wait and see. I have my daughter's graduation ceremony in a little over 5 weeks so hope to lose something by then.

Replies

• mrsako
    mrsako Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi,

I have a kettlebell and must admit when I used it..( notice the past tense of when used..lol ) it really did change my shape. My belly started to look like it should and not a food storage pouch. Stick with it, the changes happen pretty quick..must get mine back out.
  • YasminR
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. The pain has subsided and i have another workout scheduled for later today. Hoping for good results. :smile:
  • YasminR
    Options
    Having to start all over again.....again! So frustrated with myself. Does anyone know how to log a 20min Kettleworx workout in the exercise diary???
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    It's not listed on the site because it's not in the normal METs compendium that most places use. ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) did a research study, though, and found that kettlebell workouts average 6.3 METs. A MET is the Metabolic Equivalent, which is basically how many times your normal calorie burn at rest does the exercise cause an increase. To get calories burned from METs, you multiply the MET level (6.3 in this case) by your weight in kilograms to get calories per hour.

Here's an example so that the math is more clear.

220 pound person, 20 minute kettlebell workout

220 / 2.2 = 100 kilograms

100 x 6.3 = 630 calories per hour

630 / 60 = 10.5 calories per minute

10.5 x 20 = 210 calories burned in the 20 minute workout.
  • YasminR
    Options
    thanks for the information. I did the calculation as you suggested and it works out at 157.5 calories per workout - doesn't seem like a lot but better than nothing i guess.
  • Oranda
    Oranda Posts: 121
    Options
    Nice to have that calculation. Thanks!
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I do an intense 30 min kettlebell workout at a kettlebell gym. I use my heart rate monitor to track the calories but find it only burns about 200 in 30 min, but my body has never looked better! so don't worry if the calorie burn seems small.The results will speak for itself!
  • phgk
    phgk Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks for the calculation...I was putting the workout under strength training and it was saying it was only burning 79 calories!
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I ave done this workour too and it is hard. I like kettlebells though. I try to do it a couple times a week and do my outdoor cardio the rest of the time
  • brianlocal3
    brianlocal3 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yasmin, what size bell did you buy? Atynk. What size bell do you use?
  • mishaky
    Options
    I have just started my kettle-Worx routine,started it on the 16th Dec combining it with my own healthy eating hopeful will see the result in 6weeks as promised. I want to loose at least 2stones before my 30th birthday in March.Does anyone know if this is possible? I will try to do 6times a week rather than 3times and combine 2-3 workouts a day. I consume around 1200 calories a day.

I need home workout routine as doing my degree at the moment and no time for the gym
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this equation, I'm going to give it a go later as a MFP friend kindly gave me the DVDs!
  • tremendacooke
    tremendacooke Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Let me start saying that I never heard of Kettlebells exercise before, on christmas day my sister had a yankee swap and guess what I had the kettle exercises dvd as a gift i was amaze because was a set of 6 dvd and he only open 2 of them, when i got home i google it and another surprise the cost of the program was around 90 dollars , so went to the store bought kettle weights and now im hook , im very committed and the best part I LOVE IT
    Ana Cooke
  • looneytunes
    looneytunes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hey all

I started kettle worx last week, two classes under my belt... i also do the gym three times a week, and have lost 5 pound in the week, so i recommend it any one, but it is doing my head in on to log it.x

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]588517.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • OldManRandall
    Options
    I just did resistance week 3 with my HRM. 23 minutes, 315 calories. It is not much, however my moto has always been "Its not as much about how fast or far, but about how often you do it". The more often, the fastet, futher and stronger you will become.
  • MsMesa74
    MsMesa74 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for the equation I have been looking for this on-line for about a week. I just started the Kettle-Worxs and this will really help.
  • Bassafrass80
    Bassafrass80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    According to that calculation...I weigh 294 which means I'd be burning 280 calories per each 20 minute kettlebell workout. I feel like that's a bit high. Am I correct in thinking that? Or am I really burning 280 calories? I'd hate to eat my exercise calories back if I'm not even burning them! LOL
  • jknipple1
    jknipple1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for all of the great comments on this. I am new to Kettle Worx and to this site! Can't wait to start seeing results.
  • GreatVibe
    GreatVibe Posts: 87
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories KettleWorx core burns?
  • Valley83
    Valley83 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the equation, saving it for later.