Anyone suffer from golfers elbow (lateral epicondylitis)?

Options
just got diagnosed with golfers elbow.. So no training for me for 4-6 weeks the doctor says.. Anyone else suffer and found a good quick cure?

Replies

• mikek7214
    mikek7214 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have stopped exercises that put a direct strain on the tendon: 1 arm rows, bicep curl, pull ups and substituted with less stressful exercises. Elbow is improving.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,991 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I've been doing a 3-part calisthenics routine for the past 3 months that has led to this problem (aka tennis elbow) in both arms.

The problem is caused mainly by the pull-ups, even though I use a neutral grip which is supposed to be less stressful on the elbows. The dips aggravate them too but less so. Push-ups are the least stressful on the elbows than pull-ups and dips but the 3 together are more than my elbows can apparently handle.

The only solution is rest for as long as necessary for the pain & irritation to subside. In my case, this has usually been 2-3 days at a time. I do not think it is a chronic problem yet but continued strain on the elbows will probably make it so. So, I plan to stop doing so many pull-ups, dips and push-ups any more despite their obvious physical benefits.

PS: There are 2 orthotic devices than can help in the recovery from tennis elbow by reducing stress on the aggravated tendon. One wraps around the forearm and the other is a wrist wrap. However, neither cures the existing or prevents any future injury.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,991 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Just realized the OP was posted in June 2015 - - 17 months ago - - and no one responded to it til now.

That's what happens when you post to a thread at 5 in the morning. LOL!