Please HELP

Options
13»

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    cmoorofum wrote: »
    So I looked at your dairy and you are way over on your sugar. Sugar stores fat especially in your stomach. I am over alot on my sugar also but never by to much. I drink a redbull and a slimfast a day and that puts me over on my sugar. I also dont see any water intake. What do you drink? Is it soft drinks? If it is thats your major issue there. I cut out cokes and anything else except redbull and it has helped me soo much. I crave water now instead of soft drinks. I would increase my water intake and decrease my sugar. Stop all snacks, like the doughnuts.... Be very strict for at least a month and you will see weight lose. If you are hungry in between meals eat a piece of gum and drink water. Its hard in the beginning but once you get through the month of strict dieting it will be easier for you. I started off with 1 slim fast for morning snack, 1 lean cuisine meal for lunch, and nothing but water. Also, for dinner I had a protein shake and maybe some salmon. It works trust me! Of course if you go over on your calories then go to the gym and make sure you work off the extra amount of calories that you went over. If you didnt go over that is even better. This is basically all a math game! Stay under your calories and log everyyyyything! Have one cheat meal on the weekend so you dont burn out and I wouldnt start my cheat meals until after a month of strict dieting. If I did it YOU can do it! Trust me... OH NO FAST FOOD @ all!!!

there is more ridiculous advice in this one post than I may have ever seen in one place before!!!

You must be new then.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    So I looked at your dairy and you are way over on your sugar. Sugar stores fat especially in your stomach. I am over alot on my sugar also but never by to much. I drink a redbull and a slimfast a day and that puts me over on my sugar. I also dont see any water intake. What do you drink? Is it soft drinks? If it is thats your major issue there. I cut out cokes and anything else except redbull and it has helped me soo much. I crave water now instead of soft drinks. I would increase my water intake and decrease my sugar. Stop all snacks, like the doughnuts.... Be very strict for at least a month and you will see weight lose. If you are hungry in between meals eat a piece of gum and drink water. Its hard in the beginning but once you get through the month of strict dieting it will be easier for you. I started off with 1 slim fast for morning snack, 1 lean cuisine meal for lunch, and nothing but water. Also, for dinner I had a protein shake and maybe some salmon. It works trust me! Of course if you go over on your calories then go to the gym and make sure you work off the extra amount of calories that you went over. If you didnt go over that is even better. This is basically all a math game! Stay under your calories and log everyyyyything! Have one cheat meal on the weekend so you dont burn out and I wouldnt start my cheat meals until after a month of strict dieting. If I did it YOU can do it! Trust me... OH NO FAST FOOD @ all!!!

One terrible piece of advice after another.

Also? The quality of your nutrition is quite frankly, appalling. You have no fruit or vegetable intake, and yet you go on about doughnuts and fast food?

I'd rather see a daily doughnut entry in the diary of someone who eats a salad with their lunch and an apple with breakfast than a diary completely void of plant food.

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    So I looked at your dairy and you are way over on your sugar. Sugar stores fat especially in your stomach.

Maybe next time READ the answers already given and perhaps learn something before adding crap like this?

Seriously.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    To clarify a point on this thread that will help the newbies, something I've learned since coming here: We are all constantly in a state of storing and burning fat. You eat, your body digests and stores the food. Carbohydrates are the preferred source of energy, so they are stored first. The thing is that the energy balance is what matters, because your body will draw on the stored fat for its needs as well. It's like a bank account.

If you take more out than what you're putting in, the stored fat will decrease. If you put more in than you're taking out, the stored fat will increase.

It's a bit more complicated, because energy can feed other tissue (see recomposition), but this whole idea that sugar turns to fat is only half a statement. Any macronutrient will lead to excess fat if eaten in a caloric surplus.
  • stephanienicole1983
    stephanienicole1983 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't drink cokes or alcohol. .just water all day. ..maybe ocassional sprite..
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

This post made me laugh. Thanks for the Tuesday morning chuckle.

Oh, OP - please ignore everything in this post. It's all hogwash.