100 pounds to lose and too shy to ask for help

Options
Hello. I've never been one that could put myself out there for fear of someone else putting me down. I've struggled with my weight my whole life and I'm finally in a place where I am ready to do something about it. I would love the friends and support a great community would offer. I am unfamiliar with asking for help, but I could really use some friends along the way. Thanks!

Replies

• travisdaugherty
    travisdaugherty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Add me if you would like
  • Sho0gy_D
    Sho0gy_D Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    We're all here to help because a lot of us have similar goals in mind. Welcome, good luck and don't be afraid to ask.
  • elsexton29
    elsexton29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I greatly appreciate it and look forward to this journey.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Good Luck on your journey. Take it one day at a time. I am in better shape at 41 than I have ever been in my life.
  • GerritKing
    GerritKing Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    good luck on your journey. My goal is 150 lbs lost.
  • elsexton29
    elsexton29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks. That's definitely the support I needed to get started!
  • babylub
    babylub Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome
  • turtle3313
    turtle3313 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you, i have about 70lbs to lose. Just have to remember take it one day at a time. Not everyday is going to be a good one but do your best. Friend me if you want!!
  • Sangsterr
    Sangsterr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Have you ever looked into getting an online coach to help you with every step of the way? It makes reaching your goals a tonne less stressful and every question you could imagine that you need to ask gets answered. Add me on here and send me a message and I'll give you some guidance :)
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. You took the first step by logging in here.
  • CJReg119
    CJReg119 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Howdy and welcome. I, too, have a long way to go and have started and "failed" more than once. But I don't care if I "failed" before because I'm back on track again now. So, like everyone said - one day at a time, get support, stay in community with all of us MFP groupies and MOSTLY, give yourself a break for the past. NOW you are taking positive steps ... congrats!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Good luck! MFP really works if you use it correctly. Plug in your stats, be realistic about your activity level and your weekly weight loss goal, get a food scale if you don't already have one (weigh all solids and semi-solids and measure all liquids), log daily, and spend time reading the stickies in the forums.

The best advice I was given when I first started here was "You are not making a big change in your life, you are making a series of small changes" Change one thing. When that becomes a habit, move on to another, then another. Before you know it, success!
    58841349.png
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sangsterr, you have suggested that the OP should get in touch with an online coach (and surprise surprise you just happen to be one yourself as your online profile picture suggests); it sounds as though you might be touting for business. That is not on.

To the OP: welcome! You will find lots of great information on this website and ALL of the tools you need - free of charge - to meet your goals. Ignore anyone who suggests that you will do better if you buy their services, supplements or any other stupid crap.

Here are a few links to get you started:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal/view/2014-06-08-setting-goals-667045

• Sangsterr
    Sangsterr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Im offering a helping hand, any guidance i give on this website is completely free of charge, so less of the hate
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You took the first step in coming here -- good for you! I have just completed 1 year on MFP & have hit my goal (75#) and am now ~82# lost! There is much wisdom to be found here, but requires the diligence to sort through the malarkey!
    I don't know it all. I don't even almost know it all, but I would be happy to cheer you on & be a member of your support team! Feel free to add me if you would like.
    Best wishes to your success!
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    Add
  • kg047
    kg047 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me. We all need support and encouragement at some point in our lives. Don't be afraid to ask for help. People are willing to help.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    HEYO!

Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Heulitt26
    Heulitt26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    you can add me as well! whether it's 100 lbs or 30 it's about how you go about it the healthy way :smiley: all of us are here for you - the journey to where you want to be might have some ups and downs but everyone has gone through that!! never underestimate yourself and what you can accomplish! And if you have a question just do exactly what you've already done: ask! Welcome!
  • egengr
    egengr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared... Be determined to not be scared.. Feel free to add me as a friend