Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

High calorie food suggestion

I would like to know what food do you eat to meet your calorie intake without breaking the bank. I'm 5'6, 130 lbs. I want to gain 10 more lbs. I need 2200 cal/day. But I'm having a problem meeting it. So for the past 2 weeks I have not gained anything. Most of the days I'm short 300-400 cal. I've tried to eat snacks in between meals. I can meet it only if I eat out everyday. But my budget doesn't allow me. As an example, if I pack my lunch which is 2 slices of bread, 1 slice of cheese, ham and a banana, that's only 340 cal. I work out 30-45 minutes a day, 6 days a week (pushup, pullup, squat, and ab, no cardio). Thanks.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Nuts, nut butter, avocado, olive oil, full fat dairy, eggs, seeds

Spread some peanut butter on your banana. Veggies and sour cream dip as a snack. Avocado on a salad, a baked potato, or mashed as a sandwich spread. Chopped nuts are great in yogurt and oatmeal.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    two servings of talenti gelato is about 400 calories...boom, problem solved.
  • gtmfitness
    gtmfitness Posts: 51 Member
    Steak
    Chicken
    Ground meat
    Eggs
    Yogurt
    Cheese
    Whole Milk
    Pasta
    Rice
    Tortillas
    Granola
    Veggies
    Apples
    coconut oil
    Peanuts
    frozen yogurt ice cream
    Cookie Dough Balance Bars
    Gatorade Protein Bars
  • gtmfitness
    gtmfitness Posts: 51 Member
    I also have trouble gaining weight.......I used to workout 6 days a week as well. Turns out that I was just spinning my wheels and burning my energy that I would need to make up by eating more. So now I only lift 3 times a week for about an hour each session.

Best strength and muscle gains of my life!

Hope that helps!
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    bhc546 wrote: »
    I would like to know what food do you eat to meet your calorie intake without breaking the bank. I'm 5'6, 130 lbs. I want to gain 10 more lbs. I need 2200 cal/day. But I'm having a problem meeting it. So for the past 2 weeks I have not gained anything. Most of the days I'm short 300-400 cal. I've tried to eat snacks in between meals. I can meet it only if I eat out everyday. But my budget doesn't allow me. As an example, if I pack my lunch which is 2 slices of bread, 1 slice of cheese, ham and a banana, that's only 340 cal. I work out 30-45 minutes a day, 6 days a week (pushup, pullup, squat, and ab, no cardio). Thanks.

Make a massive pot of chicken curry, spaghetti bolognese or chili con carne, load it up with a load of veg, chick peas, lentils. It will last for days & will help to reach your target.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    ice cream!
  • slomo22
    slomo22 Posts: 125 Member
    McDonalds haha
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    PB&J sandwich with a glass of whole milk as a snack.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    bhc546 wrote: »

Peanut butter
    Cashew butter
    Hazelnut butter
    Almond butter
    Cashews
    Walnuts
    Macadamia nuts
    Almonds
    Pistachios
    Pecans
    Cheese
    Pasta