• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    But the fat cells!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    aippolito1 wrote: »
    Multilevel marketing is not the same as a pyramid scheme. A pyramid scheme does not have a product being provided. Also, all the customers who offer their testimonials and pictures also believe it works. It's called It Works for a reason. All my customers have had great results and could testify to that. But if you don't believe it, fine, don't ruin it for someone else who wants to try it.

I've seen more than one post from people who have blogged their success from hard work and dedication and have then been approached and offered good money by ItWorks to sell their 'before and after' photos and to say that they owe their success to ItWorks...
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Multilevel marketing is not the same as a pyramid scheme. A pyramid scheme does not have a product being provided. Also, all the customers who offer their testimonials and pictures also believe it works. It's called It Works for a reason. All my customers have had great results and could testify to that. But if you don't believe it, fine, don't ruin it for someone else who wants to try it.

I've seen more than one post from people who have blogged their success from hard work and dedication and have then been approached and offered good money by ItWorks to sell their 'before and after' photos and to say that they owe their success to ItWorks...

I have one who was an elite college athlete. There never was a "before". But her bikini pics have made her a 6 figure distributor. And has actually never used the products. Just has no moral issue with capitalizing on others lack of will power and self esteem.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »

I have one who was an elite college athlete. There never was a "before". But her bikini pics have made her a 6 figure distributor. And has actually never used the products. Just has no moral issue with capitalizing on others lack of will power and self esteem.

Hey, if it can make you a buck, why not, I guess? Not like you could dilute the ethics in the weight loss industry any further. There was a thread the other day where someone mentioned their friend intended to go to Thailand and get lipo, boob job, tummy tuck and all that, then use her before and after to sell ItWorks (after never using the product).
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

The Federal Trade Commission would probably disagree.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    It "detox's" the body...
    toxic overload "trigger's" fat creation

I can't even look any more...did second graders come up with this crap?

I was just reading that and thinking it was created by English as a (weak) second language users. :)
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    The thing I don't understand about the wraps is that if they draw impurities out of your body to stop you becoming fat again, surely you would need to wrap you entire body up? Otherwise the impurities would only get drawn out of your belly, and your impurity ridden face would get fat again. So why aren't all the ITWorks advocates walking round with tiny middles and fat, unwrappable extremities?
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    The thing I don't understand about the wraps is that if they draw impurities out of your body to stop you becoming fat again, surely you would need to wrap you entire body up? Otherwise the impurities would only get drawn out of your belly, and your impurity ridden face would get fat again. So why aren't all the ITWorks advocates walking round with tiny middles and fat, unwrappable extremities?

Bahahaha best mental image ever!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    A pyramid scheme does not have a product being provided.

lol...no
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You could always cross platforms and buy those pads you stick to your feet to remove the toxins they sold on late night tv... http://www.devicewatch.org/reports/kinoki.shtml
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,450 Member
    Options

Cool! Offer me a few 100K and my before and after photos are yours, ItWorks :blush:
  • stephmariemke
    stephmariemke Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    No offense, but I didn't post this to be kicked down. I bust my butt in the gym and with my diet so for those who said I'm trying to short cut my way through this process or had a smart remark to say - shame on you. If you had nothing nice to say, you could've saved it, especially if you don't know the situation. I'm attempting the product to see what it can do for the body on top of what I do for myself and I simply wanted to know peoples thoughts. I figured I could reach out to a motivating and inspiring community for some, if not positive, then at least input on what you think of the product. You can judge the product, but don't judge the poster. Thank you for lose who provided insight on the product- which is what this post was originally about. It was helpful.
  • stephmariemke
    edited July 2015
    Options
    1. Try self-hypnosis...It has worked wonders for my stress level and it's FREE.
    2. I saw you posted that you sell the stuff, and we are not to advertise on these forums, so I consider it as SPAM.

I'm sorry, where did you see I sell this stuff? I clearly said I bought it and wanted to know peoples thoughts. Know your facts.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    2. I saw you posted that you sell the stuff, and we are not to advertise on these forums, so I consider it as SPAM.

I'm sorry, where did you see I sell this stuff? I clearly said I bought it and wanted to know peoples thoughts. Know your facts.

This was a reply to a different poster who DOES sell it. She edited that out of her post, though.

And it's not "kicking you down" to say something doesn't work. They simply don't work. There is no way to motivate or inspire someone who is using an ineffective product without lying. Would you rather people lie to you?

And it's hard not to post jokes about these products when they're a joke on their own. The pictures from It Works posted above speak for themselves.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    No offense, but I didn't post this to be kicked down. I bust my butt in the gym and with my diet so for those who said I'm trying to short cut my way through this process or had a smart remark to say - shame on you. If you had nothing nice to say, you could've saved it, especially if you don't know the situation. I'm attempting the product to see what it can do for the body on top of what I do for myself and I simply wanted to know peoples thoughts. I figured I could reach out to a motivating and inspiring community for some, if not positive, then at least input on what you think of the product. You can judge the product, but don't judge the poster. Thank you for lose who provided insight on the product- which is what this post was originally about. It was helpful.

You wanted positive replies? For a product that doesn't work and solely exists to get gullible, desperate people's money. The overwhelmingly negative response should tell you something about the product. IT DOESN'T WORK. And it IS sold as a "short-cut", so even if you worked your butt off at the gym, this is still what you're buying - a short cut.

But - if you want to throw your money away after reading so many great responses as to why you shouldn't, go ahead. I just hope you come around and realize what your ignorance will have cost you.

FlamingBlades was responding to the woman who had posted saying she sold it and believed in it. Her posts have since been marked as spam because of her support of this snake oil, and are buried. This was not a reply to you.
  • stephmariemke
    edited July 2015
    Options

This was a reply to a different poster who DOES sell it. She edited that out of her post, though.

And it's not "kicking you down" to say something doesn't work. They simply don't work. There is no way to motivate or inspire someone who is using an ineffective product without lying. Would you rather people lie to you?

And it's hard not to post jokes about these products when they're a joke on their own. The pictures from It Works posted above speak for themselves.

The remarks on the product wasn't the kick down. I appreciated hearing the insights of the actual product. Like I said, it was helpful. The smart remarks people had to say about myself and my character and how I'm trying to short cut this whole process, was. Oh, can't forget how now I'm apparently "ignorant" for even purchasing the product and wanting to know peoples thoughts. Everyone is right. This thread is a joke. I thought the fitness pal community was better then making others feel like crap for asking for input.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

The remarks on the product wasn't the kick down. I appreciated hearing the insights of the actual product. Like I said, it was helpful. The smart remarks people had to say about myself and my character and how I'm trying to short cut this whole process, was.

Well just another insight, I work with someone who used to use these. She's still obese, and she had a hell of a time getting them to stop sending these wraps to her and charging her account. She kept trying to cancel, and they just kept sending them and charging her. It almost got to the point where she was going to close her bank account. So beware if you did a recurring order, and make sure you read the fine print.

• stephmariemke
    Options

The remarks on the product wasn't the kick down. I appreciated hearing the insights of the actual product. Like I said, it was helpful. The smart remarks people had to say about myself and my character and how I'm trying to short cut this whole process, was.

Well just another insight, I work with someone who used to use these. She's still obese, and she had a hell of a time getting them to stop sending these wraps to her and charging her account. She kept trying to cancel, and they just kept sending them and charging her. It almost got to the point where she was going to close her bank account. So beware if you did a recurring order, and make sure you read the fine print.

I did a one time order just to feel the product out. But thank you for your input. I'm sure after what everyone had to say, this will be the first and last time I'll be using this product.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options

This is like the Acai Berry "miracle pill" scam. They locked people in to one- or two-year contracts so they couldn't cancel. I worked at a bank when this was going down and filed soooooo much paperwork because of this scam. People really did have to close their bank accounts and cancel their cards just to get out of it once they realized there is no such thing as a miracle pill.

"Buyer beware," OP.

• stephmariemke
    Options

This is like the Acai Berry "miracle pill" scam. They locked people in to one- or two-year contracts so they couldn't cancel. I worked at a bank when this was going down and filed soooooo much paperwork because of this scam. People really did have to close their bank accounts and cancel their cards just to get out of it once they realized there is no such thing as a miracle pill.

"Buyer beware," OP.

That's extremely unfortunate that a company would do that... but this is the exact reason why I originated this forum in the first place. I don't know anything about buying product or "miracle pills" so to hear other peoples input on the product is helpful. Luckily I did a one time order so I shouldn't have that issue. Thank you!