Insanity

Options
Has anyone tried the Insanity workout?? Does it work?

Replies

• kelleyjhale
    kelleyjhale Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love insanity, insanity max :30 and the asylum. They work well and are amazing. Insanity max even has an awesome modifier track
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Does it work for what?

Increasing fitness? sure
    Building muscle? most likely, no
    Losing weight? That depends on a host of other factors
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Im on my second week of insanity ..i love it! I think results may be different for different ppl ive heard several ppl say they lost inches but very little weight and some ppl said they lost both...because i have the time right now im doing 2 a days ..insanity in am..and a walk/run interval in the evening.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    mayabre90 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Insanity workout?? Does it work?

If you are trying to improve your level of fitness, yes. If you want to lose weight, you will need to watch your diet along with doing Insanity. I've done it before and it is a good program as long as you stick with it.
  • mayabre90
    mayabre90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your replies!! I started it Monday, along with the nutrition plan, you guys are awesome!!!

• Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Lost 25lbs! It Works!
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I've been doing P90x3 for a few months and was wondering what i could move to once I need a break from it. Does anyone know how comparable Insanity max30 is to p90x3?
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Insanity killed my joints.......I've already got a bad knee and bad ankles, and Insanity didn't help at all. On the other hand, Insanity MAX takes the intensity of Insanity, compresses it into 30 minutes and seems to take the strain out of my joints.
  • emilybmcd
    emilybmcd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I completed one round of the original Insanity. It is TOUGH but my legs were definitely the better for it. It was hard on my knees even though I definitely tried to land softly. If you have bad knees, I would modify some of the moves. My only complaint about the original Insanity is it was a little repetitive and I got bored with it. However, I love Shaun T and believe in his workouts so I stuck with it! I want to try T25 after I do 21 day fix extreme.
  • jenspears31
    jenspears31 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have 10 days left of insanity and it is one heck of a ride..it challenges you physically and mentally and it's absolutely worth it. I lost crazy inches and 20lbs but more than all that you gain so much endurance and your body gains definition everywhere...I've dropped 3 dress sizes..diet is everything and make sure you eat enough especially in month 2...don't be afraid to bump your calories up!! Good luck add me if you would like
  • mayabre90
    mayabre90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have 10 days left of insanity and it is one heck of a ride..it challenges you physically and mentally and it's absolutely worth it. I lost crazy inches and 20lbs but more than all that you gain so much endurance and your body gains definition everywhere...I've dropped 3 dress sizes..diet is everything and make sure you eat enough especially in month 2...don't be afraid to bump your calories up!! Good luck add me if you would like

That's awesome!!! I look forward to seeing those results. I'm just on day 4 but my energy levels have increased so much!! Yes it is a challenge I must say!! But hearing from you motivates more . Thanks!!